I've been looking over the fence a while....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's about time I said hello,

Hello, I'm Chaley, no that's not a spelling mistake, I was born in 72 and the first 6 letters my Dad picked up playing scrabble the day I was born spelt it out, could have been worse I could be called Ziizje :oops: ( what my Mum picked up!) Anyway I'm living in sunny Norwich, Norfolk, UK, if you think of the map of the UK as a witch riding a pig I'm somewhere around her butt :D
I've done the skateboard thing ( ok still do), the BMX bit ( oh yeah still do that), then on to MTB (you get the idea), then got into HotRods big time, I now have a 32 ford roadster :mrgreen: , and this lead me to this site, a link from a UK rod site sent me here and thank Elvis it did! I have too many old bikes sat around to not like this place, Just a quick list of the stable;
2009 langster fixed/single ( the daily to work and weekend mile eater),
2000ish trek 8000 MTB ( for getting muddy on),
1996 trek 8000 MTB with drops and slicks, fixed ( old daily),
1970's Kerkhoff city bike with a basket( trips to the shop),
80's haro master ( for breaking bones on),
70's triumph roadie ( to cut up!),
40's Hercules trade bike ( to look at now and then)
30's french ladies rod brakes mess with around 30 coats of paint on it ( to practice stripping paint on, I may find out what it is soon),
and a couple of other 70's-80's roadies,

Looking around the builds section has got me thinking,
triumph frame and forks, 26"s off the fixed 8000, upside down bars off the Hurcules, peddles off the haro, race number on a disc, you get the idea.
I won't keep you any longer,

Chaley

Hello from across the big one! Sounds like you've been doing the same thing as the rest of us - EVERYTHING. I gotta warn ya about this crowd - we like PICS! Lots & lots of PICS! So as soon as you can get your toys up here where we can see them. It's always fun to see other people's creativity. Welcome & have fun!

Welcome to the site! I am very new here myself, but I have many posts on another site. I recently got into the rat rod bike scene. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome!!
I get the message about the pic's, so went out and spent a while taking some. I now have a card full of pic's of the triumph mock up, but the reader says that the card is corrupted :cry: So for now here's an old pic of the fixed trek to get on with :)

DSCF2171.jpg

and one of the HotRod,

DSCF2035.jpg

I will take some more pic's real soon, I promise!

Chaley

Back