Is this Monark worth the price?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend here in town has this Monark for sale. He had wanted what he paid for it which is $475 but he said he would sell it to me for $430. This is the only pic I have of it. Would you guys guess it's worth it in your opinion? I know these are worth a lot of money for some reason. I don't really want to spend $400 on a bike, I think that's crazy, but at the same time I've always wanted one of these. I just have always liked how they look.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-09 5.35.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 5.35.04 PM.png
    916.4 KB · Views: 7
Ultimately it comes down to what you are willing to pay. It looks a little rough and the Monark 'Super Deluxe' is the more sought-after version but if this is something you've always wanted (as stated above) then you have to think about one in the hand versus one in the bush. Another consideration is that it is local. If you were to find another for less money online, for instance, these bikes are fairly heavy so you may pay up to $100 more with the shipping.

Good luck!

Ultimately it comes down to what you are willing to pay. It looks a little rough and the Monark 'Super Deluxe' is the more sought-after version but if this is something you've always wanted (as stated above) then you have to think about one in the hand versus one in the bush. Another consideration is that it is local. If you were to find another for less money online, for instance, these bikes are fairly heavy so you may pay up to $100 more with the shipping.

Good luck!
Thanks! Yes, I almost bought an old Western Flyer tank bike on ebay this summer and shipping would have been $265, plus $500 for the bike.

I think if you saw the crap they’re asking $400 for in the local shop you would be more impressed with the monark.
How far are you going to have to ship this thing?
Oh I've always been impressed with the Monark, as well as vintage bikes in general. They are built like tanks. Yeah even the China beach cruisers at Walmart are approaching $300. The Monark is owned by a friend who lives two streets over.

By it you will never get another, and will be worth more later down the road, I have most parts for one, except tank and guard.........Curt

By it you will never get another, and will be worth more later down the road, I have most parts for one, except tank and guard.........Curt
Yeah I'll probably just go for it. I've always loved the Monark and you're right, if I were to pass this up another one might not come along that I would be able to get due to being even more expensive than this one or too far away.

Latest posts

Back