iRide Customs BRMBA bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys haven't seen it yet, here is a copy of a thread on another message board.

Remember that orange Slick Daddy I was working on a long time ago? Well I got some decals made by Jenerich...THANKS! I handed them off to Richard on Sat. night, he painted it on Monday...THANKS! I assembled it last night. This whole time we've been working on this bike there has been a O.C.C. like deadline. The deadline is tonight! The wheels are being built as I type this right now. Talk about cutting it close! The bike will be unveiled at a mountabike/freeriding movie showing (New World Disorder 8 ) at a theater-pub in Salem Oregon.

The bike has a mountainbike theme. The Monkey on the seat tube is the called the Trail Monkey...it represents the volunteer builders. The saying on the chainstays is what it's all about. Build, Ride, Respect! The B.R.M.B.A. logo on the tank stands for Black Rock Mountain Bike Association. This is, IMO, the sweetest freeride parks in Pacific Northwest. Here's a link to their site http://www.brmba.org/ Please check it out! Any of you guys into freeriding may also want to check out the Canadian TV series Drop In. When it's released, season 5 will have a segment at Black Rock. The day they were filming, I had the pleasure of riding with Cam McCaul, Steve Romanuik, Dylan Trembley etc... What a treat it was to blast the trails right on Cam's rear wheel!!! Here is a link to the teaser of that episode http://www.rip.tv/video/watch/3454/ Please check that one out as well!

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

thanks for the links iride, i never knew what mountain bikes were really for :lol: guess i thought it was BMX in the dirt er somethin before. bike looks like glass !!!

proudlove said:
I thought at first that it had a mailbox shaped headlight. LOL

HAHA!! I'm definitely no photographer!

Thanks guys! The unveiling went well and the new owner was beside himself. That's what I love the best about this bike thing...the smiles you see on everyones faces when they see bikes like everyone here makes. I've had my bikes at motorcycle shows and you see it there too. Everyone walks around with a dead stare look on their face while looking at the motorcycles..."Oh look, a blue one. Oh look, a red one. Oh...what the?!? A bicycle?!? COOL!" I love putting smiles on faces. I get so much inspiration from these message boards and the awesome people that hang out here. Thanks!

I know it's not a rat rod but I know you guys can appreciate it for what it is...just a bike.

Dan

The reason there are no front brakes is because these are the wheels off of my rat rod. The deadline was extremely tight on getting this one done and the wheels didn't quite make it so I had to rob a set from another bike.

These pictures don't show the wheelset but that's the bike they came off of.

RatRod.jpg

41c4bd78.jpg

Firewalker said:
Very cool!

may I ask what the brake lines are for?

The brake lines are nitrous oxide lines. See the 2 tanks near the rear hub? You can see on the tank it has a boost guage...I usually run about 14- 16lbs pressure, depending on track conditions of course. On the opposite side of the bike you can see the exhaust pipes come past the seat...I was having a problem burning holes in my leathers...OUCH!

HAHA!! I hijacked my own thread...what a tard I am!

fa2b3968.jpg

936c4649.jpg

734e1c34.jpg

8e43c9b3.jpg

Back