input for paintjob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys, this is a bike i´ve been working on..i was thinking gloss black paint all over - buit then i thought - maby one of you guys have a good idea ??

if you have comments on the bike i´ll take that too :)
100_2931.jpg

regards

Flemming

Gloss black will look good, if not black, english racing green.

Gold trim on the lug joints might be a nice touch.

Re: input for paintjob
by aka_locojoe on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 am

I say gloss black. Bike looks great.
Leather saddle and grips?

definately, im searching the web for cheap alternative to a brooks b17, i have the leather grips already, honey coloured :D

by Wildcat on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 am

Gloss black will look good, if not black, english racing green.

Gold trim on the lug joints might be a nice touch.

yes, that would look good, would you paint that or plate it ? - i´m thinking a small stripe to match the gold on the rims

thanx for the feedback
Flemming

I'd get a gold (or silver) paint pen from a hobby or craft store and outline the lugs where they were brazed. I might do that to my Raleigh in the future.

i am assuming something one of. i like it raw metal maybe polish it then clear it. or maybe a very dark almost blackish green with the mentioned gold accents

by Rustinkerer on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:28 pm

I agree on gloss black and gold pins, but, more importantly, what frame is that? "Inquring minds want to know!" -Adam

hi Adam, it started out as a lowcost gents bike probably bought in a equviliant to wallmart, i pulled it out of a dumbster in copenhagen :D
pretty much everything except the frame was dead, so i rescued it, started by removing the downtube, stretching the top tube 10cm, bend and weld a new downtube in, and add the truss´es to the fork, i made the stem/handlebar setup as well - i just started welding so no closeups of that :)

still neede to figure out something to do to the chain, i want someting out of the ordinary, but i havent really been able to find anything... any of you guys tried steampunk´in a chain ?? - one idea is to replace all the pins with small allen key bolts ( i can get them for free, but i dont know if they will hold up) - another idea is to make a chainguard out of copper/brass tubing that just follows the chain - maby 15mm in diameter and then slotted on the inside to allow a little chain slack

we´ll just have to wait and see :)

regards
Flemming

hi Adam, it started out as a lowcost gents bike probably bought in a equviliant to wallmart, i pulled it out of a dumbster in copenhagen
Ah, I thought so. It just looks so exotic with that curved down tube!-Adam

by maddogrider on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 pm

I have a Middlemore leather B89 seat made in England. Dark brown. If you intrested i can shoot you some pictures.

thanx maddogrider much appreciated - but i really want a honeycoloured one.. and besides since im half way around the world from you the killer offer you without doubt are willing to give me would be eaten up in transportation cost..

thanx anyway

reg
Flemming

so this is how it ended up, i got a copper chainguard that i need to find a way to mount, but other than that its fine - and it rides good too, something about a long wheelbase bike, it just handles soo different than my roadbike :)

HPIM2119.jpg

Report this postReply with quoteRe: input for paintjob
by hubgearfreak on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 am

flemrasm, that's a great bike, what hub is it in the back?

hi hubgearfreak thats a nexus 7 speed on there..

i added a home made cobber chainguard as well - just need a tiny bit of narrow cobber tubing to hide that ugly bolt in the front :)

HPIM2158.jpg

what do you think, i think it becomes the bike well - all i need now is a helmet in the form of a sixpence :)

regards
flemming

You Built a lovely frame there mate! :wink: And you kitted her up perfectly 8)! Still in awe of the qaulity of work on here...

Back