I Can't Stop Building Tallbikes!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finished this one last night and took it for a ride this morning and it rides suprisingly well, I just need to work on my chain tensioner.

100_5990.jpg

100_5992.jpg

100_5986.jpg

100_5989.jpg

ha ha love it does the benny hill music start playing when you look at it? :mrgreen: get video of you riding it

It weighs 113 lbs, the seat is 6'4" off the ground and the wheels base is 6' exactly. Here are some riding pics.

StackedBike3.jpg

100_6005.jpg

100_6014.jpg

Sweet, you can mount up on a roll. I got to make another tallbike, to busy now but maybe in the fall. I have 2 large and curved tubing from the metal heap. I always wanted to make one into a tallbike, should come out the size of yours. Maybe if it works out I'll use the other tube to make the same with an upper and lower seating for tandem riding :shock: .

GL

really glad to see you weaing a helmet on your awesome contraption....we have a guy that comes out on our tuesday night rides on a tallbike about that size and he never wears any kind of gear and we go some crazy places where hes hopping curbs and going over railroad tracks and such in a group of 30-100 people where people are always clipping tires.

It depends on what your into, If it were me I would definetley try zoobombing, voodoo donuts and just fun stuff like that but there's a lot of stuff to do here in Portland. :mrgreen:

I thought I had a set of "acorns"... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your nuts bro...Good thing your young.. :lol:
I cant afford to get busted up.. :lol: ....Stay safe..You look good on it ...You must turn some heads.... :lol:

I have already been to the ER a few times because of my mountain bike but never because of my tallbikes :D , the next one I am going to build is probably going to be a custom ladder frame around the 12' area.

bicycleguy said:
I have already been to the ER a few times because of my mountain bike but never because of my tallbikes :D , the next one I am going to build is probably going to be a custom ladder frame around the 12' area.
I guess you have time to climb down or get ready long before the top hits the ground. :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
So what sights do you recommend seeing while I'm there?

Pine State Biscuits, Bunk Sandwiches, Active Culture frozen yogurt, Mt. Tabor, Pittock Mansion, Japanese Gardens, Leif Erickson trail, Timberline Lodge, Multnomah Falls, Saturday Market downtown, Saturday Farmer's market on the PSU campus, tons of cool shops on Hawthorne and Burnside, Stumptown coffee, Widmer beer, etc. etc. etc.

There is a ton of stuff to do around here. Like building tallbikes. :)

Dude! You are my hero! You've got serious talent!! How cool!! 8) Here's a video of me riding my ratty tallbike:

You rock! :mrgreen:

Yea! I need to come up with a better set-up...Here is some video with my 'bro riding her earlier today:

:mrgreen:

Your lucky you live somewhere where it is flat, riding uphill on a tallbike isn't the funnest thing in the world. :mrgreen:

my buddy and i did 10 miles. there are a lot of hills here.
makes ya strong like bull or dead like doornail lol
last time i went out i rode 13 miles and stopped only a few times and yes one was to walk it up a hill.
i love riding it people in cars will pass and stop to wait for you to come by just so the can show others in the car your bike.

last time out i let like 5 people ride it. funny thing is the look on their face after they yell "hey can i ride that"
and you bust a quick 180 and screech to a stop next to them jump off and say here.

honks, looks, waves, whistles and those few stupefying looks of awe. i enjoy my tall bike

Latest posts

Back