Hybrid Straightbar build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet man! ive seen all your work! you do it all! model cars, real cars, bikes, anything else?? :D

Thanks again!

The paint is Rustoleum (I think) rattle can "camouflage" paint, dark forest green or something like that.

It's not the best picture, but I picked up some blackwalls this weekend. From this place locally, they have some REALLY cool bikes in there, parts too.

http://www.fleetwoodskitkat.com/

straightbar15.jpg

It does look cool with the blackwalls.

I'm going to have to pay that shop a visit...not too far from my office.

Yeah thats Jen's. One of the newer Huffy cruisers. It'll get completely torn down for a re-paint and detailing soon.

4963_97210778417_507153417_1864549_6105266_n.jpg

wow, dejavu! Great minds think alike. Not twins but our bikes are very similiar! 8)

How does your bike steer with the shortened front end? Mine is stock length and it steers kinda crappy... really hard to keep a straight line...

It steers pretty well, though I can't balance it. I can cruise my other bike all around without touching the handlebars, but this one tries to fall over pretty quick. It's easy to turn though.

the Fidgiter said:
It steers pretty well, though I can't balance it. I can cruise my other bike all around without touching the handlebars, but this one tries to fall over pretty quick. It's easy to turn though.

Ok, so it still flops then... thats what I feared. Last few days, I have been mulling over how to correct this for the last few days after reading your response... and I decided that the only "real" cure is to remove the "fake rake". I will have some finished pics when done... I don't do well with taking pics while working (when I'm in my "zone" ya know). Don't know if you even care, but it was bugging me so I HAD to fix it. Heres the plan; remove 5-6 inches from the tubes and cut/reweld the triple tree clamps to a more desirable position. :wink:

Any new progress on yours?

Back