Huffy Rail SS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up from powder coater on Friday, bike is now a roller since no work today spent some time in garage.

Still waiting on seat, new pedals. Really like the way it looks, while talking to oldest son about how it is coming out. Mentioned to him that youngest son ( who bike is going be for) thought the chrome piece under the bars should be black also. He doesn't know about it being the stem it, just piece under bars.
He just calmly says. "Just get it powder coated also" I replied "yeah I the about that" which isn't the truth. I had just spent the previous hour checking the parts box for a black stem. Found two but they where too big for headset. So the stem goes to powder tomorrow. Should complete by the end of the week.

Sorry about the long rambling post thanks for looking

Yes I did front being 24x1.75 it is really not that big. Hopefully seat will be delivered soon. That is really all we are waiting for. Will post pictures when it hits the road.

Wish to thank everyone for all the positive comments, Bike on hold for the time being just imformed by email that seat that I had ordered well over a week ago and had been expecting for the last couple of days is on back order. So trying to get that order cancelled and start searcheing for another seat. Not that big of a deal just going to be a little longer until finished.

Found new seat expected delivery date Dec 17 so here is where I'm at just need seat. Updated pictures with frame rail tips, decided not to use coke bottle grips seemed to be to thick for my 8 year olds hand so went to LBS and picked up pair of white MC grips. After seeing bike almost complete he said it looks like a stormtrooper so I'm going to get a few decals along that line, found one for chainguard and head tube. Will update when seat arrives, once again thanks for taking time to look.

Last edited:
White and black always look good together, this one looks exceptionally nice, can't wait to see it with the seat and decals.

Not sure if putting a couple of decals qualifies as a build, but youngest son is very excited about the way his bike came out. So I'm very happy with it.

Getting the 67 Schwinn Thypoon frame out today to start the next project.

Not sure if putting a couple of decals qualifies as a build, but youngest son is very excited about the way his bike came out. So I'm very happy with it.

Getting the 67 Schwinn Thypoon frame out today to start the next project.

I have a 24" typhoon, if I remember right it's a 67 too.
Kinda been thinking about a lowrider.

Stormtrooper bike is looking good, can't wait for final product.

Update seat came in so HUFFY SS / Stormtrooper is now complete,only disappointment is that with current sissy bar seat height is to tall for 8 year old son. Will find and purchase new one soon. Other than that pleased with way it turned out. Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions during build.

Ok enough with the blabbering. I present the HUFFY SS / Stormtrooper.

Missing final decal for head tube.

Nice tight fit with no issues.

Thanks for following this build. Hope you like it.

Pretty cool decal on the chainguard. :thumbsup:

You can get black stormtrooper helmet decals for the headbadge, but they look a bit vader-ish. Or a small version of the empire logo I used on my chain ring.

Bike looks good tho. I started liking white bikes after seeing some on this site. Well done.

Back