How to Make : Wide Rims + litle tricks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
HuffDaddy said:
I love this idea. I think it might look cool to put a black and white checkered pattern on the 2" band before spoking up the wheel.
Yeah! That would be awesome! Kinda like RatRod's straight 8...
8-1.jpg

Luke.

If I'm not mistaken, Home Depot sells a2" wide black & white checker board tape!

HuffDaddy said:
LukeTheJoker said:
HuffDaddy said:
I love this idea. I think it might look cool to put a black and white checkered pattern on the 2" band before spoking up the wheel.
Yeah! That would be awesome! Kinda like RatRod's straight 8...
8-1.jpg

Luke.

If I'm not mistaken, Home Depot sells a2" wide black & white checker board tape!
idk, but they have the diagonal yellow and black tape "Caution".. that could be cool and original too :wink:

Here is an other way (The conventional way) of doing a wide rim ..called (dually rim)

--the rims were welded at 24 places around the perimeter...
--i put silicone in the gap inbetween...
--added a polished stainless 3/16" rod bent in a ring to close the "V"gap inbetween , you will need a "6feet long" rod for a 26" rim on in my case "2X 3feet" ....
--blocked the extras holes with metalic duck tape...
--cut a 24" inner tube to make a wide rim strip that cover both sides at once...

the rim is 2,5"wide and i used 2 inner tubes inside a 2,125 tire , i placed the valve caps opposit to each other to balance the weight and to look less "homemade" cause 2 valves side to side really look "homemade"
this method is faster ,stronger ,end up lighter , but you cant really go as wide as the 1st method , one big + is that you can keep it all chrome 8)
the 2 inner tubes in 1 tire makes the tire profile look a little more square witch i like ,but i will try using only 1 large inner tube in the near future and post update on if it works out
DSCN5086_zpse40ce2c2.jpg

DSCN5084_zps27cf40d3.jpg

DSCN5083_zpsc7501b72.jpg

DSCN5087_zps5ae0d95f.jpg

Back