How do I not get ripped off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to even bring it up you know. Buying something with PayPal I think you have some recourse. But trading something? How do you know you're not going to send out your valuable whatever and never get anything back? I'm sorry to bring up a bummer subject but it does happen.
I know you can go by a persons feedback numbers but what if they don't have any?

I guess I'll have to suck it up and either trust or not and hope for the best.

Please let me know your opinions on this. Thanks

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear when thing like this happen. Hopefully it will still work out for you. Best of luck.

its basically a good world, and a great forum. I have traded with a few. One time I was scheduled to have an operation, and the tradee(wildcat) was planing on shipping his end 2 weeks later. I shipped mine, cause I TRUST people. A handshake is as good as a mans word, in my way of life. I was in the hospital, and his end showed up,like it should. Good email communications mean a good person.. Knock on wood, I havent been screwed EVER on this forum, or any other. I read all feedbacks, specially on ebay. If theres more than 1%,I bail.. Theres alot of good guys here, and I know I have been lucky, but I have NO regrets. I stood up for jalopyjimmy13, cause I had a problem with him, and he made it right. I am sorry for the few that got screwed by him. It happens...

I can trust. Or at least be fatalistic about it. :lol: I will do it. Reading and posting here on RRB I can't imagine any of theses cool folks trying to screw anyone over but... I'll do it.

Thanks.

I have never had a bad deal on any forum that I belong to. In fact, I just got off of the phone with a seller here on RRB. He was calling to talk to me about an item I bought from him. After i had paid him he realized that the item he sold me wasnt exactly as he thought. In the end i liked the item he found as much as the one i had originally bought. I guess im a very trusting person

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I've done tons of un feedbacked business on here, and yes i do have a 1 Negative feedback, but i told him all of the flaws and showed him the pictures, and then he got all mad.
With that being said, if i would receive my parts or whatever i think you have to ship the other stuff out, otherwise thats called "STEALING"
Hopefully if it would ever happen it would be on a $50 dollar piece instead of a $2000 dollar complete bicycle.
Cant trust anyone these days but you try to and then "YOU" get screwed over.

This ain't the paradise everyone's making it out to be. :lol:

The truth is, there are plenty of morons on here who'd like to steal from you, so you need to be cautious and do business wisely. Don't do any transactions with anyone that you have questions about. We've had a few cases this year with people not completing transactions...even some who were long time members.

It's just the nature of doing business online with people in a forum situation...there's always risk involved.

Like Abraham Lincoln said," If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will." I guess it comes down to your faith in your fellow man and people's feedback. :?
Sounding a little "Pollyanna", I know, but it hasn't led me wrong so far. :D

I have done many transactions on this site buy/sell/trade and have had zero issues with any members! if you buy/sell/trade anything on this please leave feedback it helps! my .02

I doubt that your swapping diamonds. Most of the parts traded here are dime a dozen.
If you loose a part in a swap , you would have probably given it away at some point anyway.
If its so important to you or you can't live without it ....don't trade. :wink:

One thing that helps is having a public record of the trade, like if you have it written up in a thread where people can see that you are trading with someone, now this won't guarantee that the deal goes through, but if people can look back and see who the "bad guy" is it helps it from happening again.

I've always been leary of new members with no feedback and try to shy away from a deal for that reason, as far as long standing members go, it may just take you forever to get something you either bought or traded for as most on here feel no sense of urgency and quietly delight in making you wait weeks and weeks to get your stuff. Even though this is just fun for us all on here, I still feel folks should do what they tell you there gonna do, its just a show of good character.

Oh yea, if you do have a sorry experience with some slacker on here and you leave him a bad feedback, be prepared for him to give you one right back, thats how they roll around here. :|

Yup, I too sold hundreds of items on ebay. Years ago, I used to give a feedback as soon as I recieved the payment, and shipped the next day. Nowadays, the sellers wait to see if you leave a good feedback,THEN they leave one. Its wrong .I wish people who had things to sell, had time to pack and ship......or dont sell. I'm impatient like that.

Best thing to do is to have BOTH parties put delivery confirmation on the packages so you both can track your orders.

yea, do the online Priority mail, and delivery conf. is free. Problem is that bike parts weigh more, and noone wants to pay the high cost. I used to sell car models , and shipped cross country for 5 dollars. Bike parts have averaged 20 now. Parcel Post doesnt offer delivery confirmation, I believe. I do most of my deals now locally. dogdart is the man......

It's always a gamble. You just have to decide if you're willing to make that gamble. I usually search the forums for a persons user name to make sure they don't already have any bad posts about them. That of course doesn't help if they're new or using more than one alias.

Latest posts

Back