home made...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i've wanted one for a while, so finally i just built my own... :wink:

i started with this huffy frame from the dump...

05-21-07_1745.jpg

started cutting...

05-21-07_1756.jpg

after some cutting and welding, ended up with this...

DSC02586.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

just as a size reference, the bottom tube between the bottom bracket and seat tube, is the original top tube flipped upside down...

oct.

Holy Dyno Batman!!!

that's pretty sweet..great work Oct.
what do you have in store for a Finish :?: ......

your incredible choice in Paint Jobs always tops your builds right off!!!!
what yaa got up your sleeve for this one Chris :wink:

Kev.

Month 10,

Please tell me this is not your first stretched/fabricated frame. That thing is awesome.

I love how the arc of the top tube flows so perfectly into the arc of the seatstays. Nice work.

Any plans for a tank insert?

If you paint it red you can name it after a Tom Clancy novel. :D

Awesome work Oct.

Can't wait to see what she looks like after you lay down some of that sweet sparkly paint you do so well.

Very very cool bike.

Wow, Everything flows perfectly! The top tube you used between the BB and the seat tube just continues the curve of the down tube perfectly. As does the top tube to the seat stays. Most people would have just used a straight tube down at the bottom but you just made it that much better! Nice work, can't wait to see the paintjob.

clean

mister CLEAN!!! nice clean lines. I like the use of the existing frame intagrated into your design :D

cheers

thanks guys,

sorry i havent been on too much lately, my internet is down... :cry:

so the only chance i've had to get on here is when i visit the folks...

62 higgins: yes, it is my first stretched frame... :? and i have to say that this is probably my favorite bike that i have built so far...

i am 6'3", and it is almost a little too long for me...

markm: i cut the top of the rear triangle off, and flipped it over...

i will try to post more details of the build, when i get my net back...

i have already primed it, but had to put it back together so i could ride it, i also added a springer...

i havent decided on the paint yet...

i rode the heck out of it last night, and the seat is destroyed...

hope to be back online soon :wink:

oct

you my friend, are a Genius!! Might have to "borrow" your design...I have two of those frames just beggin to be cool!! GREAT work!!!

Man that bike has got some smooth lines. Please bear with me, I'm new at this. Exactly what kind, and size pipe did you use for the top bar?? Somebody mentioned conduit, were they talking about electrical conduit like from Lowes or Home Depot?? I saw a jig that was made up to bend the pipe, that seems straight foward enough, did you heat it when you bent it, or was it done cold?? I hate to ask so many questions, but obviously your talented in this area. Yeah, I know, flattery will get you everywhere, lol. Thanks for your time, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Lefty

I'll tell you what... This bike doesn't just look good,it rides just the same ... :lol: Keep em coming

the top bar is 1" conduit... there seems to be an ongoing debate about using conduit for bikes... (on the CBN, anyways...)

i use the conduit cause it is cheap, and readily available to me, and as i am still learning.

i think kenny said something to the effect of: if i didnt use conduit, i wouldnt have built the bikes that i have...

i have to say, i do question the structural integrity of using conduit, however i am the one usually riding the bike, and i would never sell one to someone if it was made using conduit...

anyway...

i bent the conduit using the "marty eden barefoot method" which i believe is thoroughly explained on the CBN... it was not heated, and is bent by standing on the tubing, utilizing stairs, and brute strength, and sometimes trees... :p

there are only 2 pieces of conduit in this bike: the top tube, and the short piece from the bottom of the seattube to the chain stays... 100% of the donor frame was used
:D

here's what it looks like today... i need to get a nice new seat.. the other one literally fell apart... so i threw on this crappy one... what do you guys think of the nirve/electra seats?

still not sure what color to paint it... which is ok, cause i still have some welding/cleanup to do on it yet...

it's 8' long, tip to tip...

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

Latest posts

Back