Higgins Goes the Distance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yepp, great looking bike! I agree with Flame Jigger about the seat, but that's just my personal taste. If you like it you should keep it! :)

Thanks guys.Still waiting for parts.I put the old bars on and rolled it this weekend.The Nexus is sick.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
wow this thing is great. how about an oil tank?
When I saw that I instantly thought that.That is such a cool idea and it is great you want everyone to go with it. :mrgreen:
It would rule on this thing and bring in more of the racing theme but I don't know if it will fit with the seat laid back(springs).

Flame Jigger said:
Man this bike is looking great. I am enjoying watching it come together. I love that seat but I do think it might be a bit too ratty for this bike. Just my 2 cents worth so I hope not to offend you.

No offense.I have zero problems with positive feedback.That's why I like this site. :mrgreen: This is the best looking seat I've tried on here and I am a fan of the long springs.However with ifitsfree's invention of the faux oil tank I have been thinking about changing it.When I first invisioned this bike I wanted some ill pins on the top tube between the seat post and seat stays also.It stinks not having stuff availible to check out different stuff,at the same time the hunt is fun.Shipping stuff in gives you to much time to stare and flip flop.It doesn't help it's in my living room. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That looks awesome. The grip is even cooler than I imagined.

If you're still searching for a thumb shifter, I found one on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/5v63xw. It doesn't say whether its for an internal or derailleur setup, so make sure to ask the seller.

ExtraBlaze said:
No offense.I have zero problems with positive feedback.That's why I like this site. :mrgreen: This is the best looking seat I've tried on here and I am a fan of the long springs.However with ifitsfree's invention of the faux oil tank I have been thinking about changing it.When I first invisioned this bike I wanted some ill pins on the top tube between the seat post and seat stays also.It stinks not having stuff availible to check out different stuff,at the same time the hunt is fun.Shipping stuff in gives you to much time to stare and flip flop.It doesn't help it's in my living room. :D

Yeah I love those long springs also but with the only rust being on the seat springs it looks a bit out of place to me. I am a fan of rusty bikes so I can not believe I am about to suggest this but if the seat springs were bare metal or maybe flat black I think it would be perfect. You could put a faux oil tank on the seat tube below the seat stays. It is amazing how a build like this evolves along the way. I have really enjoyed watching this build and love what you are doing. Can't wait to see this one finished.

This old build deserves a bump. What a classic!

Back