hey BMX guys....1982(?) Diamond Back

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: hey BMX guys....

sweet! I have a '87 Haro Master frame and fork to go with the number plate!! :mrgreen:
Thanks guys!!

tires are holdin air and chrome is cleanin up nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Forgot to mention, I got 2 other bikes with this. A 78 girls Schwinn 10 speed and a very clean Mongoose "Fuzzy" Extreme(?)
Its fall clean up/big garbage week too :wink: :wink: :wink:

front hub is stamped "kk"...any ideas on that? Thinking about replacing the wheels..dont know what the rear is...Thanks, Mark

Thank's for the head's up! Looking for good chrome though..And those cable guides are horrible!I've had the bike for 25 yrs, so if it sports the GT forks for awhile longer..that's OK! :wink:
L8 EM

threw on some new rubber and started cleanin it up a bit:
100_2915.jpg

100_2914.jpg

100_2913.jpg

found some huffy tagged, Kenda tires at the hardware store for 5 bucks each...vintage-y.. :mrgreen:

Look on the left rear dropout for the serial. If there's also a small symbol that looks like a baseball, it was made in Japan, which is good. If the serial is under the bottom bracket and starts w an F=that means made in Taiwan. Which is less desirable.

Also that bike wouldn't have come w a gyro. It's a race bike, not freestyle.

oldschoolcolo said:
Yeah Markm! How could you do that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I think th seatpost is wrong also! :wink:

oldschoolcolo said:
Look on the left rear dropout for the serial. If there's also a small symbol that looks like a baseball, it was made in Japan, which is good. If the serial is under the bottom bracket and starts w an F=that means made in Taiwan. Which is less desirable.

Thanks! Its on the rear dropout. I might redo the rear brake and lose the front.
Duke: thats how I got it... :oops: :oops:

Back