Help me figure this out.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas who made this rear rack? OEM or aftermarket? It's missing the left "bullet tipped" support rod and I would like to find one if possible. Thanks
20240116_141615.jpg
20240116_141633.jpg

Columbia. They made some repros of the 52 model back in the 80's. It might be from one of them, but I don't see any holes for the side reflectors.
1705443337262.jpeg

1705443122027.jpeg

Thanks Wildcat!
20240116_191154.jpg
I found the left support and a elaborate reflector mount in one of the other boxes of parts my brother brought from the South Central Kentucky bicycle hunny hole. The rack and reflector mount have never been painted. There are no holes on the sides except for the support rods.

These are all part of the huge hauls he has made from the bike parts picking spot he found listed on Facebook Marketplace. I think he has about pick it clean!

These are all part of the huge hauls he has made from the bike parts picking spot he found listed on Facebook Marketplace. I think he has about pick it clean!
Even though I can't get anything over 1lb shipped here, I would do some window shopping if you posted some of that stuff here in the for sale forum.🤓

No paint or bolt scratches. A little rust on everything including the bottom of the left chrome support. NOS or new reproduction? Why it's not painted puzzles me???
All the repros had reflectors on the side. Maybe they were glued on? I'm not sure. But I think you have an old replacement part that was stocked unpainted so it could be painted to match the bike it was going on. From the 80's or 50s? Hard to say unless I had a repro right next to it.

Latest posts

Back