Hello from WA State

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just stopping in to say hello. We own a bike shop that specializes in city and cruiser bikes. Electra is our bread and butter and we do a lot of custom single speed builds. No welding or frame hacking as of yet, but its fun to see all the builds that go on here.

The area we live in is fairly flat, so single and fixed gear bikes are popular. We take trades in on new bikes and that's what most of them turn into. Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing ideas.

Here are a few of the latest builds. I personally like brakes and a freewheel, but a lot of the kids like running a flip flop set up.

622262_10151067650731526_54142035_o.jpg

65467_10151067651076526_421265188_n.jpg

greenies..... thats a sears bike in the second pick right. I have one with a 3 speed internal rear torpedo hub. I live here in richland and know the scenery in the second pick. :wink: 8)

1speedJam1982 said:
greenies..... thats a sears bike in the second pick right. I have one with a 3 speed internal rear torpedo hub. I live here in richland and know the scenery in the second pick. :wink: 8)

Yep! Greenies! Yeah the second is a sears bike. I have an origial 5 speed one, and a couple that we converted to ss.

thats cool. Im trying to figure the internal hub out, my 3 speed sears just stoped changing gears. its odd... im gonna mess with it till I figure it out. you should come out to the vintage ride on the 28th at columbia point marina. its the 28th at 1130 for the park and swap, the ride starts between 1200-1230

1speedJam1982 said:
thats cool. Im trying to figure the internal hub out, my 3 speed sears just stoped changing gears. its odd... im gonna mess with it till I figure it out. you should come out to the vintage ride on the 28th at columbia point marina. its the 28th at 1130 for the park and swap, the ride starts between 1200-1230

Yeah we'll try and make the ride. Have you check your push pin and alignment? Is it a nexus?

Dtox said:
1speedJam1982 said:

Yeah we'll try and make the ride. Have you check your push pin and alignment? Is it a nexus?

im gonna mess with it this weekend. I think its a torpedo hub, not sure who made it. I will check it out.

Ozark Flyer said:
You do a nice job with a camera too! The backlit wheel shadows have me purplexed. Welcome.

Thanks, it was a two light set up. Cross lit on the 45's with speedlights.

OneHorsePower said:
awesome bikes Welcome!

Thanks! The are constantly under revision and evolution. I dont think either of them look like this now.....a week later! Lol.

Latest posts

Back