Harley Inspired "KNUCKLEHEAD"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BikeBuilders said:
That gunmetal color looks good. And the head badge cleaned up nicely
Whats funny is that i wanted to paint the bike Hammered Silver but i think its because i primered the frame first so i eneded up with this color which i agree is awesome... Thanks.

sorry not to get back to ya. the bars are just some small apes that I had. I heated em up an got one to twist where I wanted it to. the other side I put in a kink. now they look bad. have to either find something else or build something..
one of your post someone commented on Street Digger, just wanted to say thanks.
so where is the knucklehead at now? nice build.

Outlaw 8)

Its cool. Its lying around actually while i look for some parts and then it'll be rolling soon. but also planning on custom making Flat tracker bars for it.. But i was also thinking of bending a set of bars that i have but its aluminum and i know its gonna crack. thats about it and looking for a tank but everyone is telling me to open up my wallet wide and i know its gonna be steep but i'll save that for later.

Just got my ratty spring seat. I don't know if I should paint it or leave but I'm going to have to change the springs and the seat clamp so I could ride. Can't wait to get this baby rolling, I miss riding. Also just got some skip chains gifted from DanJose here on rrb, thanks to Dan. Updating with pics of my parts and build process. :mrgreen:

lacedwheel.jpg

My latest update, Just got this awesome Elgin/J.C.Higgins hub from Danimal and laced it myself for the first time ever. Looks like i did a pretty good Job so im going to get it trued tomorrow and we'll see how good i did.

alright now that i got my wheel laced up which im proud to say i did a good job..... "youtube works wonders!, LOL"... Iput this up just to show a mock up of what the bike is soon to look like in the near future, i just need to fix my fork . Its has a slight bend in the steerer tube and thus not allowing me to turn the front about a 180 deg swivel but soon it'll be fixed...
IMG_0125.jpg

and i was a lil bored at work the other day and this is what i sketched up of what it should almost look like...Haha
IMG_0121.jpg

when im done im going to put up an exploded pic of the whole build..

MO FATTA
MO BETTA

so today i just put the whole bike together and it looks sweet but idk if i want to show it yet because i dont have the right fork on it. the fork im using is just a mock up and need to get my x53 springer fixed so until then i'll keep the bike a secret or i'll think about showing it. sorry guys but its looks pretty good so far!...

Come on man, you can't leave us hangin like that. If you have ever looked at my build threads, they are loaded up with mock ups.
Show us whatcha got!!!!!

ok well this is what it looks like so far im a little mad that my x53 springer is broke but i hope to get it fixed soon...
IMG_0147.jpg

so i have the schwinn blade fork in the mean time and my tire is so fat that it hits the fork walls
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

so this is my rideable mock up, and it aint done yet yet just need to think about how im going to bend the bars how i like it or about using apes, and getting my fork fixed asap! and in the market for a like and tank and then she'll be good to go!.

its been a while since i've last posted. here are some pics of the X53 fork that i putting up for sale, The headtube is light bent and when installed on my bike with it gives the bike a stiff steer, I love the fork because its awesome but i have no time to get it fixed, and dont want to spend anymore money on the bike. so if anyone is interested let me know. im asking $90 plus shipping.
IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

or i might sell the whole bike for $375 plus shipping

I think it came together pretty well too. You might want to look at some of those old Harley pics for tank colors and graphics and make a simple tank panel with something similar. They are classy and I think would top off your theme build.

Back