Harley Inspired "KNUCKLEHEAD"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey RRB, I havent been on here for a while, i miss all the awesome bikes i see, and how every bike on here helps give me the urge to want to build another after another cruiser. Just the other day i was watching the Mecum Auto Auctions on the tube and it was just my day, all Motorcycles auction, and i came across this one motorcycle that i fell in love with. It was a 1937 Harley Davidson EL with a Knucklehead Engine. since i cant buy that similar ride since the cost was about 40,000, im going to put it in ratrod form, since im still on a scurry thinking and sketching what i want it to look like im still undecided with what frame type i want to use, im leaning towards a silver sparkle paint job and all black wheels fork etc, white coke bottle grips, and i may need to custom bend my own bars because i want them to look like the El bars off the harley..... Right now im empty handed on pics and parts so im starting from scratch but i'll have something up and running in the near furture.... hopefully if my fiance doesnt kill me, :mrgreen:

I've been looking at pics of the old military harleys, I think a bike version would be cool,leather saddle bags and all.keep brainstorming and keep us posted, what you have in mind sounds like it will be a sweet ride

So far i been on the looking at MW Hawthorne for the frame, but i also fell in love with the Monark Silver King, my plan so far, Get some thick brick with the felt 24's, Monark double or single spring, boys 20 inch apes in black, and i got few other things im thinking of. just making some bread first!

Okay so instead of the Hawthorne i bought a 40's Schwinn Liberty, Got it off of RRB DanJose, so this is when i go to the drawing board. This Harley El is what gave me my inspiration,
harley_davidson_40el.jpg

but now i feel like i want to make it bobber style and this bad boy gave me the idea.
harley-street-bobber.jpg

the bars are exactly what im looking for. And i want to put on fat tires. so im going for the Thick Brick 24 inch tire wheel combo
will update soon

if ya haven't seen STREET DIGGER yet may give ya some ideas for your build.

003-9.jpg

Outlaw 8)

hey guys thanks for the ideas, its been a bit of a slow process but i have the frame primered thats the latest update, and that im on the hunt for the what i need.

This bike is frigging awesome. I wish i could weld something up like this but im just working with what i got. Definitely an inspiration!
OUTLAW said:
if ya haven't seen STREET DIGGER yet may give ya some ideas for your build.

003-9.jpg

Outlaw 8)

What i had in mind was and let me know if its a bad idea or not. I have riser bars that i was thinkin of right where the stem clamps, heat it up with the torch on both sides and pull the bars down a few degrees just to get the same look.

gcrank1 said:
Lowrise 7/8" motorcycle flat tracker bars in a BMX stem might get you close to the bends you want

Dboy9887 said:
Okay so instead of the Hawthorne i bought a 40's Schwinn Liberty, Got it off of RRB DanJose, so this is when i go to the drawing board. This Harley El is what gave me my inspiration,
harley_davidson_40el.jpg

but now i feel like i want to make it bobber style and this bad boy gave me the idea.
harley-street-bobber.jpg

the bars are exactly what im looking for. And i want to put on fat tires. so im going for the Thick Brick 24 inch tire wheel combo
will update soon

Sharp Bad Boy , love the look .

i just ran into a bit of a problem which is gonna set me back big time. i got a monark double springer as a gift from my brother an the head tube is threaded and too small for my frame. the schwinn i have takes a 1/8 headset and is way too bike to screw on to the moanrk fork... and ideas as to where i could get like a spacer or will i need a whole new fork piece? anyone willing to trade for this small one i have? any help is appreciated! thanks guys!!

So this is the frame At the Prime stage!
photo.jpg

and then i decided to just get this lil thing done
Before!
IMG_0081.jpg

After!! :mrgreen:

Just got a few parts in the mail and getting those pics ready!

Latest posts

Back