Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a LED light bar in a little French tail light.
KIMG0496.JPG
KIMG0493.JPG

pretty neat got the Tail light in a bundle deal, and the LED cost 3 bucks.
KIMG0501[1].jpg

The LED had a rubber strap and tooth bar attachment that I salvaged too.
So while I made it for the Harlequin T, it could be used on any of my bikes.

Guitarl.

Last edited:
Haven't got my new gear yet, so the ratio is still quicker than 1:1 but I got the rods done.
KIMG0520.JPG

So with the spring out the bike sits right but it's still a little too "quick" in the steering. Besides the ratio, I think the fork isn't helping any either. Rode it around the parking lot across the street and discovered a couple other things. JB Weld isn't going to hold the front gear to the threaded hub by itself (it slipped just a bit) and it's not going to be easy to drill and tap that gear either (I tried...)
KIMG0518.JPG

I gotta fab some mounts for the struts on the backrest... bent it a bit today. When I got back I took the front end apart again and I'm going thru more forks. Nothing is set in stone till I get my new cog to go 1:1 on my steering. But I'm going to keep tweaking it till I'm happy.

[emoji450]L Carl.

Mr Slow on the Draw here....did you change out the front wheel? Thought I remembered red tires front and rear.

Steer rods seem solid.

Are your rods made with allthread? Mine are a little slack, thinking of a redesign.

Are your rods made with allthread? Mine are a little slack, thinking of a redesign.
screen door turn buckles...
turn the nut both ends move in or out
one rod on each side is reverse threaded

Carl.

Rear steering cog came in. 1:1 ratio is awesome! ;)
KIMG0525.JPG
Different fork, lifts the front a little bit, but this thing steers fine. Put a couple hose clamps on the tire where it was shredded o_O so I could cruise it around the neighborhood. This isn't 100% final, but HOORAY it rides nice like this. New tire and rim? But I may keep swapping out forks till I can figure a way to steer well and use the 26" redwall....
KIMG0523.JPG

Video at some point but today it was just me so no cameraman... Oh look what is that thing?
Looks like a headlight mount... but that's not what it started out as...:39:
KIMG0527.JPG

Anybody know what it really is? (I do)

It was fun cruising it today. :banana:

[emoji450]

Glad it rides good!
I don't see anything wrong with that fork personally. The bike is so over the top, it doesn't really need a springer that looks cool but doesn't ride good. If you feel the need to dress it up, add some truss rods. With the stem having a cog on it, there's room for something creative with truss rods.

(Just my 2 cents).

Last edited:
Glad it rides good!
I don't see anything wrong with that fork personally. The bike is so over the top, I doesn't really need a springer that looks cool but doesn't ride good. If you feel the need to dress it up, add some truss rods. With the stem having a cog on it, there's room for something creative with truss rods.

(Just my 2 cents).
Dude, haha, I just was checking to see if @slowriderz still made those truss brackets for the top!
I bent that fork with my conduit hand bender. But it's from a 26 x 1 3/8 bike so it's too skinny for the 26" redwall. But a fat 20" fits so I may be sourcing a redwall 20" It really did feel good and turns nice. I could hug the curb and turn staying in the apron without going into the lane. I was debating a centering spring in my head but it doesn't need one.

Carl and his [emoji450]

First, well done.
Second, I agree with TRM; truss rods would be cool.
Third, is that an oversized bottle opener?

Could be... seeing as how it is EXACTLY like the part I have.:giggle:

Carl.

Could be... seeing as how it is EXACTLY like the part I have.:giggle:

Carl.
I have a few around here, would not of wanted to be riding the horse when it broke tho. First time I rode my horse the bridle fell apart and the bit popped out of his mouth! He just stopped, that's why I like him.:)

Here's a quick video of me on my bike on Facebook.

Carl.

Last edited:
Can't see it Carl.
Rats! I knew some folks might not be able to, because my son shot it with his phone and posted to my page. But you and I are friends and you should be able to...
I'll get a proper video up soon.
I'm actually having issues with the JB Welded gear on the front. It wants to slip, So I have it apart again. I need to get a bit that will go thru that hardened gear. Pins or taps will keep it from slipping. I'm getting ready to work on the tank too. Updates on that soon.

Guitarl.

Back