HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (update... tank from trash )

GREAT JOB ON THE TANK. I'M WATCHING THIS BUILD LIKE A FAT BOY AND A CHEESESTEAK. PEACE

cheesesteak? or cheesecake? :lol: never heard of a cheesesteak

You have created the perfect hotrod/surfer ride. I would be hard pressed to touch the tank; it is beautiful just the way it is.

I was not aware you could buy vintage bicycle parts at Home Depot? SweeeeeeeeeeeT...!
no---wait i bought some at Ace... Ace is the place for the helpful rat rod build!
maybe there should be a recycler build. the only bicycle parts would be the frame, wheels, crank & the fork tube? everything else must be compromised.

it's so much better When it's Free!!!!

holy cow! i wasn't sure about this build, but man! its lookin awesome! if you need rust to remind you this is a rat you got some issues of your own! lol the tank completely round this amazing bike out, very very well done. i'm watching this for sure

Definition.

Rat Rod Bike- Noun. A "Rat rod bike" is simply anything that Karfer67 builds. Anything else is just a bike
trying to be like his.

imagearchy said:
I was not aware you could buy vintage bicycle parts at Home Depot? SweeeeeeeeeeeT...!
no---wait i bought some at Ace... Ace is the place for the helpful rat rod build!
maybe there should be a recycler build. the only bicycle parts would be the frame, wheels, crank & the fork tube? everything else must be compromised.

no home depot here just a random board someone was throwing out and i liked the grain of the wood. it is stained now and drying pics will be up soon

2dawgs said:
You have created the perfect hotrod/surfer ride. I would be hard pressed to touch the tank; it is beautiful just the way it is.

i thought the same thing and may end up not doing much more to the tank. although i have had an idea with the seat iduno yet time will tell.

Double Nickle said:
Definition.

Rat Rod Bike- Noun. A "Rat rod bike" is simply anything that Karfer67 builds. Anything else is just a bike
trying to be like his.

wow thanks double nickle i just try to build the coolest thing i can with what i have laying around or can scrounge and make work. i have always personally thought thats what building rats is. why do you think i like your bike so much? And thanks to all those who commented i need em at this point to keep going it seems like there is time left but not really at least for me. i still got all the body work to do paint, more stuff i want to add etc...... oh and if it is rideable i am bringing it to cyclefest

blew it apart to get going on the paint. i have a few other ideas i might try but nothing huge i am trying to keep this one un-cluttered and flowing a bit. i sat down after i took it apart and thought to myself "dang looks like where i started"

HARD LUCK (update... tank from trash )

karfer67 said:
i just try to build the coolest thing i can with what i have laying around or can scrounge and make work. i have always personally thought thats what building rats is.

+1 although I would add. And what you can lay your hands on. Fit and finish is up to the builder.

Love the tank, it completes the bike. Which is awesome.

Cheers Jonnie

fit and finish means a lot to me. i hate it when i have odd rattles or a bearing is loose on my bikes. i love to build something insane like hard luck then let others ride it and sure if might steer a bit weird but it wont be loose thats for sure. thanks for the comments i will post pics tonight sorry i did not last night batteries took a dump in the camera

the frame is painted pics to follow soon i am glad to report it came out good although i had problems

Re: HARD LUCK (update frame is painted )

you sure do build sum wild n crazy cool bikes fosure looks great cant wait to c a done pic good job bro enjoy it i have always dug your creative work thanx for shareing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: HARD LUCK (update frame is painted )

here are the pics as promised

001-16.jpg

004-14.jpg

first up some dice, the valve stem dice are from the imperial palace in vegas

002-16.jpg

after a few tries i got the bondo mixed right and on it went

006-13.jpg

one part i did over look was how i am going to keep the kickstand up so this is the beginning of that part

005-14.jpg

the finished tank stained and cleared

012-7.jpg

had to take the aa plate apart again for the repaint

007-13.jpg

and finally the frame. two cans of silver base coat, one can of burnt flake copper (bought two cans but the second was a dud) and a can of valsspar clear.

008-10.jpg

009-7.jpg

Re: HARD LUCK (update frame is painted PICS NOW UP )

K 8) 8) L!!!!

Back