GREAT FREE FIND AT THE SCRAP YARD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scarey1bikes said:
jchiggins.jpg

I'm new to the RRB community. i picked this jc higgins up last month while i was at the scrap yard. a guy came in with it on his truck and i asked him what he intended on doing with it. he looked at me and said "I'm gonna scrap it" and when i asked him if i could have it and throw it on my truck he looked even more confused and said " i guess". soooo, here it is.......... i plan on keeping it original and throwing some new tires on and just cleaning up the paint and taking it apart to grease it up. also, i've had a tough time at the exact model of this any help?

I need more pictures of this thing! This could possible be the coolest Balloon-er I have seen! :D

scarey1bikes said:
i'll post more pics once i get it rollin......don't think i'm ready to part with it yet (sorry)

I wouldn't mind seeing more pix before the clean up. I like dirty as found pix a lot. Plus right now would be a great time to toss out some stupid price and see if anyone bites! Everything has a price. :D

The handlegrips aren't torn up at all, and it's a boy's bike! It probably never went airborne off a ramp either.

I think the story is true. If it was a fabricated story, it would have been more exciting. When things are made up to sound true, they throw in some crazy thing to make it believable. Say this bike was really purchased for 800 bucks, but the owner wanted to tell us a fib. He would have made up a more elaborate story, like saving a kid from getting run over by a school bus, then the grandpa gave him his old bike in gratitude. Or the usual barn find story, abouut a crotchety old guy who wouldn't part with it, and he had to be asked over and over for 2 years before he finally gave it up. But to have a guy in a truck go to the dump to scrap that bike, then just give it to the new owner for free, well, that's too contrived to be a lie.

So it's a true story. And it probably is somewhere in the midwest, as usual.

And a great intro to this site.

Wildcat said:
So it's a true story. And it probably is somewhere in the midwest, as usual.

And a great intro to this site.

I live in the midwest!!! I think I'm gonna start hangin around the scrap yards!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sure beats the crap I've been finding lately!

definitely don't live in the midwest. live on the outskirts of philadelphia. i do like the stories about the saving of kids from school bus and granpops though. haha!

i see that your schwartz is much bigger than mine........

Just wait til' you find out the bike's name is Christine...
The first owner was electrocuted when he pushed the horn button in the rain.

Really beautiful bike!

I'm sorry but my bike is the bicycle Christine and she hopes to meet one of the movie cars some day soon which we know one where is at and she is not too far away.

Back