Girder forked Chop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah we dont even have wood shop in my school the closest thing we have some kind of construction class and you have to be a senior to toake it :(

Finally some pictures with the upholstery!
IMGP3726.jpg

IMGP3727.jpg

IMGP3728.jpg

You should bring that one into Phx. Friday night and ride with the Phreaks! Very cool and original, diggin that fork! 8)

Slick Rick said:
You should bring that one into Phx. Friday night and ride with the Phreaks! Very cool and original, diggin that fork! 8)

Were you at a the tour de fat at the Phreaks tent? I'd love to meet up with you guys but I'm already booked for friday.

All day long! We spoke, I had my Phoney Phantom, you were fielding questions on your build and looking for a sale! Plenty of other first friday rides. Its a regular thing! :wink:

Awesome bike, I always wanted to build a girder but lack of funds prevented me from doing it. Anyways, could you do a how to on the girder so us rat rodders could build one.

I've been thinking about doing another digger style build with a girder. If I do one I'll make sure I post lots of pictures of the girder. they are pretty simple and you can get lots of ideas from chopper mags. As a matter of fact this months Horse Backstreet Choppers has a girder forked bike on the cover. the key to a good working girder is to have a tight enough tolerance on the pivots to let it move but not let it wobble. shoulder bolts help!

What I wanted to know was what your material list was for them. I don't thank it would be too complicated to build if I new the size and type of materials you used. Keep up the great work. look forward to the next one.

spring doesn't have to be what I used... I just had it laying around and wound up modifying it anyway. Spring strength will depend on the geometry of your particular design. To tell the truth I'm always looking for cool springs at flee markets, scrap yards, and hardware stores... I have a box of them and I just try and find something that fits and has the appropriate rebound. Here are some other examples of springs I have built/modified.

IMGP3828.jpg

IMGP3771.jpg

IMGP3590-1.jpg

Wow great job! I have been searching all over the net for a girder front end for a bicycle and here it is! Excellent craftsmanship!!!! :D

deorman said:
You can probably get enough coin for this "#9" to build up a really nice big boy bike. :wink:

I always have a hard time understanding what you are saying... I already sold that bike for $150 (just covered materials cost) about a year ago so I need to build another digger. Need multi speed here in the Arizona mountains. I have a rear wheel, fatti O 24x3 and a 700c Thickslick by WTB for the front.

yeah deorman talks old school, its kinda funky to read it sometimes. takes ya back. 8)

hey pvwacko what would it cost me to get one of those girders for my electra?? that's just what i've been lookin for

Cool bike bump
IMGP3585.jpg

Latest posts

Back