fyi, just got home from the Hospital

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bendix said:
did they put in a stent :?:

Yes they did, they didn't have to crack me open thankfully. The Docs did say I have to bike more. :mrgreen: I checked the blog and it comes up fine!?! I guess I'll be spending a bit more time online for the next 4 weeks. That mag should come along a bit faster. Thanks for your prayers guys, much appreciated.

xddorox said:
Bendix said:
did they put in a stent :?:

Yes they did, they didn't have to crack me open thankfully. The Docs did say I have to bike more. :mrgreen: I checked the blog and it comes up fine!?! I guess I'll be spending a bit more time online for the next 4 weeks. That mag should come along a bit faster. Thanks for your prayers guys, much appreciated.

i couldn't believe how "easy" that procedure was (for me, not the cardiologist or my family). of course i wouldn't want to go through it again....... :) if anybody in ratrodland is thinking "oh, it's probably just indigestion" or it seems like everytime you ride you're "just having a bad day" GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR NOW :!: :!:

Glad to hear you're okay Gerry . . . praise the Lord! All the best to you for your recovery. We lost my big brother about ten years ago, all of a sudden like, with NO warning signs. I do my best to pedal for more than twenty min. at least a couple times a week for this very reason!

<><

X,
Glad to hear you're doing OK.
Sorry to hear about that though.

Heal hurriedly.....

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Bendix is totally right, it just felt like indigestion and next thing you know you feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest! From the first call to 911 to the actual "roto-rooter" shoved down my vein to unclog the artery took 2H15 mins. I was dopped up on morphine and it felt more like 30 minutes! Thankfully we have free health care here. The hospital building looks like a dump, the food is absolutely horrendous but the staff working there is top notch. Insurance will kick in for my time off, so don't worry guys, I'm all taken care of. I am a very lucky man. A word of thanks to the all mighty. :)

So without getting too personal, do you have a history of heart disease in your family?

As Randy said, it's a bit shocking to hear about a guy your age who actively rides end up with trouble like this.

none of my business really, but rat rod mentioned "a guy your age".........?

Man count your self lucky Gerry..

I had a friend die just last week of a heart attack. He is (was i guess) a contractor and didn't feel well on Friday.. took the afternoon off and went home.. Saturday morning was worse and went into the Hospital. after waiting in Emergincy to be seen they figured out it was a heart attack and on the way to cardiology he had a massive corninary and died... So be thankful. You got a second chance...

Im glad to hear your alright. Hang in there...

Rat Rod said:
So without getting too personal, do you have a history of heart disease in your family?

As Randy said, it's a bit shocking to hear about a guy your age who actively rides end up with trouble like this.
Nope, none whatsoever and for those wondering, I'm 43. The main factor here was a terrible diet. I almost gave the dietitian a heart attack when I told her what and how I ate. :mrgreen: So I'm revising my eating habits from top to bottom and I must drop the french fry food group! There"s also the fact that now I must take a cocktail of daily medication to prevent another one for the rest of my life. It's kinda weird for me since I would wait to the last possible moment even to take an aspirin. Went for my first walk yesterday evening and it was fantastic, I'm doing very well guys.

Sorry I don't know you personally Gerry but I'm always glad to hear it when somebody pulls through something like this. At our age (could mean any age, not just middle age or older folks) we can get hit with all sorts of things. Thank the Doctors and quick thinking experienced EMT's but we have to give God the credit he deserves when we have good fortune like this. Afterall, He is the ULTIMATE HEALER.

xddorox said:
Rat Rod said:

Nope, none whatsoever and for those wondering, I'm 43. The main factor here was a terrible diet. I almost gave the dietitian a heart attack when I told her what and how I ate. :mrgreen: So I'm revising my eating habits from top to bottom and I must drop the french fry food group! There"s also the fact that now I must take a cocktail of daily medication to prevent another one for the rest of my life. It's kinda weird for me since I would wait to the last possible moment even to take an aspirin. Went for my first walk yesterday evening and it was fantastic, I'm doing very well guys.

ha, i know what you mean about the pills! at first i had to swallow them one at a time, now it's five down the hatch! geez, you're even 4 years younger than i was. that 'bad' cholesterol is somethin' else, ain't it :wink: i'm glad you're out and about already. do what they say and it will be very enlightening when you see the change in your blood work numbers! months from now when the doc puts you on the treadmill be warned the stuff they inject will set off theft alarms at libraries and bookstores for a couple weeks afterward. very entertaining :D

So no more ''Poutine'' eh ?

P.S: ''poutine'' is a typically french canadian meal ...French fries , gravy and cheese...It's so good , but not so much if youre on a diet!

Back