fyi, just got home from the Hospital

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giant said:
So no more ''Poutine'' eh ?

P.S: ''poutine'' is a typically french canadian meal ...French fries , gravy and cheese...It's so good , but not so much if youre on a diet!
Well, once a month maybe, or even every 2 months. But no more Poutine with smoke meat in it that's for sure. Yep, I was that bad :?

Glad to hear that care was speedy, and that you're doing well. I'm an EMT on the Mass/New Hampshire border, and one of our biggest challenges is getting people to cath. labs (artery plumbers) quickly. Sounds like you got there fast. I've seen people that looked like they were shaking hands with the grim reaper (and throwing rythyms suggesting the same) that were given morphine. Minutes later they were laughing. Sounds like it did about the same for you.

Glad to hear that you're doing well and moving around. On the plus side, you'll have an excuse to ride every day. Call it your daily dose of cardio.

Korporal said:
Glad to hear that care was speedy, and that you're doing well. I'm an EMT on the Mass/New Hampshire border, and one of our biggest challenges is getting people to cath. labs (artery plumbers) quickly. Sounds like you got there fast. I've seen people that looked like they were shaking hands with the grim reaper (and throwing rythyms suggesting the same) that were given morphine. Minutes later they were laughing. Sounds like it did about the same for you.

Glad to hear that you're doing well and moving around. On the plus side, you'll have an excuse to ride every day. Call it your daily dose of cardio.
Man those two EMT's went above and beyond big time. I'm tracking them down with the help of a friend in the service to thank them and offer them free bike maintenance for life. I owe them more than that.

xddorox said:
Man those two EMT's went above and beyond big time. I'm tracking them down with the help of a friend in the service to thank them and offer them free bike maintenance for life. I owe them more than that.

Whether or not they have bikes, they'll appreciate it. In the three years I've been doing the gig, I've only seen a handful of thank you notes (and they all get posted where I work). There's the occasional story about meeting up with an ex-patient, but by far and large, once the patient leaves the stretcher, they're never heard from again.

From where I stand, the thanks is all yours.

Poutine with smoked meat? Boy, if that doesnt't say you're a montrealite, I don't know what else would! :wink:
Seriously though, happy to hear that you're going to be o.k, Gerry. Get better 1st, Take care of the family 2nd,('cause you know they are still going to be worrying about you) then tinker with the blog and magazine.

Xddorox; Takes a licking, but keeps on ticking. :mrgreen:
Best wishes
Rick

Back