Funkliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress has been a little slow. A lot of rainy weather and I still have some painting to do. I rode the ladybug to the autoparts store for some clearcoat today. The Ladybug was my fist build off bike. It was a muscle bike (sort of). Now it is more of a Klunker. Looks cool, but still not my favorite to ride.

IMG_3491.jpeg

Project is still stalled. I have my eyes on this RIM, but bmxguru isn’t taking orders month of Sept. planning to lace it to the red band bendix with some colored spokes. Certainly open to other ideas.

Just a few more days and hopefully I can place an order. Im anxious to get this together.

IMG_3502.png

Project is still stalled. I have my eyes on this RIM, but bmxguru isn’t taking orders month of Sept. planning to lace it to the red band bendix with some colored spokes. Certainly open to other ideas.

Just a few more days and hopefully I can place an order. Im anxious to get this together.

View attachment 249166
I think I saw the Guru was going to be back next week but if you didn’t want to wait and weren’t locked in on A7 style

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/26-se-racing-double-wall-rim-in-anodized-colors.html

View attachment 249166
I recently got a couple of those in blue, during a short period when he was shipping. They seem to be pretty nice rims and a good price. I hope he gets better soon.

Some updates:

The guru is taking orders so I ordered my rim and spokes.

Working on the pedals. They were dirty and rusty so I sent them thru the ultrasonic cleaner. First with dish detergent, then with evaporust.
IMG_3530.jpeg

They cleaned up nice, but were very loose so the decided to take them apart so I could re-grease and tighten the cones.

But I ran into the same issue @CRASH did with the spindles. The cones aren’t threaded. Never seen that before.
IMG_3536.jpeg

So I just used some thick oil and put them back together.

Nice work on the wheel. Diggin' the paint and the black spokes. Fat tire...what more could one ask for? :grin:

Nice work on the wheel. Diggin' the paint and the black spokes. Fat tire...what more could one ask for? :grin:
Probably knew someone was gonna say the obvious.

Mo fattah, mo bettah!!!!!

Hehehe.

Great job on the wheel. One of a kind and pretty cool. Looks great.

IMG_3688.jpeg

I’m not feeling this at all. Maybe it is because I am trying to check the boxes to qualify as a muscle bike, when this really isn’t a muscle bike.

I like what I started with more than what I have created so far.

There is still time to salvage this. Just need a new idea.

Back