Frightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frightliner- Jet Engine

Mega Cool! I remember those! Kind of shows how old I am??? Lookin good! 8)

I remember those jets, too, but I remember them as something new-fangled. Guess I'm really old. Your bike is shaping up to be a contender. I'm impressed. Elmer

PS : You're going to have some wicked exhaust, like a turbine car (remember those?). Yours is one I'm following closely. I'm not disappointed. Elmer

And I double-dog dare ya to keep the taillight on top of the fender . . . it goes great with the tank. Paint the housing to match the tank and with a chrome bezel it will look very cool! Don’t detract from the Moon disc by placing the lamp to the side . . . please!

love the headlight cover idea, well all the ideas here but im missing the cover on my flightliner and may have to go this route if i cant find one. the rest of the bike is just plain sick. great build goin on here

Re: Frightliner- On vacation

tvc15 said:
my son Matthew said we should put a jet engine on it...

leave it to innocents to make the call! I love it when creativity comes from the young ones, it will surprise you every time!

There's a Dynajet on ebay that is going to }}}Skyrocket>>> Pun Intended!

Just so we are on the same page... This is not a kick butt 70+ mph Maddox engine, were talkin a highly technical replacement for a taillight that just happens to be a 2 HP 1960's pulse jet. Refurbishing this thing was easy compared to refurbishing a 60 year old frozen seat post.

All said and done... I fricken love this thing!... Come to butt-head :D
DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

Re: Frightliner-new parts

imagearchy said:
2 horse on a bike is still a Go=Getter!

Your engine is still kick-butt! I know I don't make 2 HP :D I think the smaller more simple engine is a better fit. The one in the video was cool looking, but way too big. I just remembered the video after watching a few videos of your same engine turning the metal bright orange.

Re: Frightliner-new parts

bikebuilder said:
I just remembered the video after watching a few videos of your same engine turning the metal bright orange.

You could get some nice leg tattoos with it :lol: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Re: Frightliner-Back to business

Started working on the supports for the engine tonight. Im going to mount the engine and all the supporting parts on a frightliner rack (I mean flightliner). I'm going to set it up like a jet booster pack for a plane that can be equipped or removed as required. Trying to maintain consistency of all the design elements .

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Back