Ford Falcon Ute - New pics - August 9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up an 88 Ford Falcon Ute. 180000kms (approx 105000miles) in fairly tidy condition with 250ci Crossflow 6, auto trans, nice Pioneer stereo, lowered all round with later model pursuit wheels.

It will be my daily driver and long term project. First change will be bigger tires on rear and I'll be modifying a pair of wheels by fitting the centres into wider bands and adding some offset (will do a how-to). Future plans include a late model OHC fuel injected 6.

DSCF2005-1-1.jpg

DSCF2008-1-1.jpg

Re: Ford Falcon Ute

Utes are WAY COOL.

They are rarer than an honest democrat over here.

I put a pair of BFG Radial T/A tires on the rear last week-end. 235/60 15 just fitted on the 6"rims without too much ballooning. I'm still waiting on some outer bands to arrive so I can build a set of 7"ers with different backspacing to fill the rear guards out a bit more.

DSCF2090-1.jpg

DSCF2089-1.jpg

Hey Nice Ranchero :mrgreen: ! what about a 5.0 L. :idea:

That'd be sweet with a 302 under the hood, set of traction bars, wider tires in the back, and dual exhaust out the back. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
That'd be sweet with a 302 under the hood, set of traction bars, wider tires in the back, and dual exhaust out the back. :mrgreen:

302 would be nice. Depends on what kind of donor car I can find. I'm just gonna put a 2bbl Holley on it and leave it at that until I can get a lot more work done on my 58 Zephyr though.

bean said:
outskirtscustoms said:

302 would be nice. Depends on what kind of donor car I can find. I'm just gonna put a 2bbl Holley on it and leave it at that until I can get a lot more work done on my 58 Zephyr though.

Nice, any pics of the Zephyr? Here's a little inspiration for you.
1958-ford-zephyr-pic-4506.jpeg

outskirtcustoms: Here's a pic of it just after I fitted the engine (straight 6). Still deciding on direction.........I want to leave it ratty, but my wife wants me to paint it. Will possibly debadge it and paint it the same color with a satin finish and aluminium powdercoated bumpers and head/tail light surrounds.

DSCF1463-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back