Finally got a pre war ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like where this is going, nice work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Thanks much - so far so good :)

Loving the lime green[emoji1360] time to distress it now.

ab0a3d6d1130a6ebce75bad4515933e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distressed and back on :)

8bdf6d63e9297910711511025a1fdee0.jpg

Seat post - check / Drop stand and hold-up mechanism - check / Era-correct stem - check

99987b5f2f652ac767268cbeb8d0693b.jpg

188b11c1122efcbbec3151969ba13052.jpg

c4bf167518d872f23e21b246b8deb825.jpg

dd091326ec66ea76ec60a89244bd9950.jpg

Looks sweet need to get that bent fork fixed up, first thing I'm doing on my Colson.

Looks sweet need to get that bent fork fixed up, first thing I'm doing on my Colson.
Yup - just trying to find the best way to do that - thoughts?

Depends on the actual bend.
First thing is get it off the bike and on the bench. It's probably bent from running into something, blunt force from the front.
I've seen guys here roll there car onto the fork to bend it back. I repaired one with wood blocks holding it off the bench and beating on it with a heavy rubber mallet.

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

I'd LOVE to borrow that and give it a shot - looks like it'll work pretty well.

You guys are going make that man so proud of his tool... Hope you have the same success kruez had.. looks awsome
Thx!

Yup - just trying to find the best way to do that - thoughts?

I think the other guys already answered your question, but I have a bike co-op I live by that has the tools to bend frames and forks. that would have been my advice, find a good shop or co-op to help you out.

I just had the same problem. Instead of using a jack to push it out, I used a ratchet strap to pull it in. Turn the bars backwards, make sure cups and bearings and everything is installed tightly. I just set this up for the picture. Put an one hub on the front, wrapped the strap around the seat tube and cranked it down slowly. Worked like a charm. I've not seen it done like this before, but I'm sure someone has in the past.
IMG_1123.JPG

I just had the same problem. Instead of using a jack to push it out, I used a ratchet strap to pull it in. Turn the bars backwards, make sure cups and bearings and everything is installed tightly. I just set this up for the picture. Put an one hub on the front, wrapped the strap around the seat tube and cranked it down slowly. Worked like a charm. I've not seen it done like this before, but I'm sure someone has in the past.View attachment 36015
As I posted in your bent fork thread, this is clearly brilliant, however, consider one side of the fork being slightly bent more or less than the other. The tool applies an even force to both and should correct an unevenly bent fork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Back