Fat & Sassy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frame Build

If it's a quality built bike,you're halfway there. I mean, what use has a bike that looks great,but rides like a dead horse on crutches?
All your builds look great and just for your information: someone who can build a bike from just a bunch of pipes,flicks my "wow"-switch.
One of your next rides will be "Extravaganza-on-wheels",I'm pretty sure 'bout that.

Thanks Wimpy.
I was doing my wheels today and didn't get much done to the frame. The wheels won't be on this bike
but I needed a little breather from frame building. I did get the stays welded at the back...at least that
is something. I did a mockup and the rear stays look a bunch better. A little more welding and the dropouts
built and it will be moving right along.
DSCF0001-165.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Wimpy.
I was doing my wheels today and didn't get much done to the frame. The wheels won't be on this bike
but I needed a little breather from frame building. I did get the stays welded at the back...at least that
is something. I did a mockup and the rear stays look a bunch better. A little more welding and the dropouts
built and it will be moving right along.
DSCF0001-165.jpg
Looks good, sir 8)

US,
Really liking this one, the 'stubbiness' is new for you, yet it still looks like and 'Uncle Stretch' build. I guess that's the sign of having a true 'style' to your work.

I particular like how the seat post is 'over' the rear wheel. I feel funny suggesting this, but, I think a Project 346-style T seatpost would cool on it. A unique frame deserves a unique post, right?

T_seatpost_for_basman.jpg

Keep going on this one, it's a classic.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr T . I kinda stay in the same ballpark on my designs. Stuck I guess. I can change a few things but, my
built in design part knows what I like. :lol: :lol: :lol: I will use a seatpost similar to that to get away from the
back tire.
I got my center tube bent and tacked in. I would normally use a 1'' for the center tube, but wanting a stubby look
I decided on the 1 1/2 '' ...naw really its what I had sitting here. :D :D
May name it fat and sassy.
DSCF0004-48.jpg

I must have missed this build!! :shock: That's a real neat looking frame! :wink:

Thanks Schwinnray just messing around over here. Glad you like it.

Thanks Chuck. It had to have some kind of a cutsie name. :D

Nice Fat and Sassy second tube!

Thanks Kingfish.

With it a little farther along , I am liking this one. Got to work on the drop out shape, but it sits good.
DSCF0001-166.jpg

Yeah peatbog its an optical illusion ...well it really fills up the big hole in the middle.
Glad you like it. I really do too as it progresses.

That is funny Chuck. Its looking better the more I do to it. Got all the welding done and some of it
ground down. Won't be too long till its done. I hear the western channel calling me though. :? :?
Might be all for today.

Yep Lucas getting better all the time...well closer to finished. I think its almost done and I still have
to weld on the BB, build a seatpost. finesse a bunch on the welds and bondo it. Still have a lot to do.
DSCF0001-167.jpg

Looks like another Awesome build from Uncle Stretch! You've pulled off another one!! So many options for this frame. Board tracker, Wild Ape Hanger Cruiser, Slow Laid Back Beach Cruiser, and the list goes on! Very Very Cool!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) .

Back