Fall Rat Ride October 26th ( TODAY! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had such a great turn out for the summer rat ride, I'd love to have another ride before the wheather turns cold. Would any of you guys near cincy be interested in a get together in October? Maybe cruise the local streets at night, maybe some drag racing, just have a little fun before winter comes. Let me know if you're interested and what dates are good for you (Oct.15-19 not good for me)

Re: Fall Rat Ride?

We'll be in Disney the first week of Oct, but any other time works for me. did you have any particular streets in mind?

Ok, so the 10,11, 25,or 26th of October looks good. I guess we'll figure it out as time passes. I'm not really sure where we'll go, I just figure we'll just start riding, where-ever we go, that's where we are.

Cruising the streets sounds like fun, just like our old friday night ritual. New scenery instead of the same trails. Count me in.

Maybe we could ride someone a little north around GTCOMA's area. Any good little towns or bike trails around you Greg?

Well...On this side of town we have the Little Miami Scenic Bike Trail to work with. There are lots of small towns along the trail. Nothing too big, but a couple have potential.

We could all meet in Loveland and either cruise around the few streets or we could take a short trip on the bike trail. The trail is pretty level as it runs along the Little Miami River. Loveland is not a big town, but it has a few things. There is a park at the bike trail and a couple streetscapes with a few restaurants, ice cream and coffee shops. We could meet there and eat at Paxtons Grill http://www.paxtonsgrill.com/ or we could ride first then eat later. Or we could head north up the bike trail to a bar called the Train Stop. It is kind off a biker restaurant/bar and not exactly TGI Fridays, but I'm sure we would be welcome with our old bikes. Back in the 70's and 80's they had a chimp named Sam than lived in the old cistern that would smoke cigarettes. It is 4 miles up the trail. Not too far, but far enough considering we have to come back. At this stop we will go under a Historic bridge (US 22/3 or Montgomery Rd) You'll see it in the picture. if we are feeling strong we can continue north 2.4 miles to the next stop where the Old Peters Cartridge Factory is. This is a very old ammunition factory built in 1878. It is beat down, but still occupied by various small companies and artists. I think they also have paintball events here. it is a great place to take pictures. Of course I'll have to check the hours of everything so we can plan the ride around them.

These are all just suggestions, so feel free to let me know what you think.

Here are a few pictures. I highlighted the trail in yellow. let me know if it is unclear.

A map from a section of the bike trail. I highlighted the area I talked about

2847601006_3a2a4ca2a6_b.jpg

The starting point - City of Loveland

2847600562_56d2a56f5d_o.jpg

2840294022_6dde3f12dd.jpg

2671976451_cf143a298a.jpg

1881621858_61561981e0.jpg

1881623370_beb2e05cb9.jpg

HOME_IMG.jpg

Fosters - The Train Stop & the bridge

2847599908_e36b5f7746_o.jpg

963053940_173d10ed34.jpg

Potential Extra leg - Peters Cartridge Factory

2847600228_b751b028b9_o.jpg

2119734614_281f7fb712.jpg

2372158739_0c230b6bfe.jpg

I think that's a great route, I haven't been to loveland in years and it's a lot closer for you northern guys. My suggestion would be to meet in loveland, ride however far we go, and ride/eat back in loveland.

OK, how does October 12 (Sunday) work for everybody? MY LBS says there's a park a little south of loveland with better parking, I figure we meet there, ride up to the ammunition factory, and then ride back to loveland and eat. Maybe meet around 2pm at the park. Everyone let me know how this sounds. :D

The parking right in the center of loveland is not bad. there is the main lot to the north and an additional lot right across the street. There might be another small parking area on the south side of loveland, but the next major checkpoint is 5.5 miles to the south. I could be wrong, but I can't think of a park between there. I need to go for a ride and really scope it out.

And the 12th sounds great to me. 2:00 should work great too. I'll check the hours of the retaurants and stuff just in case.

Now I just need to figure out which bike I am going to ride....should i go for style or comfort?

I can't do the 18th or 19th, I think the 25th or 26th would work though. I'll start making a flyer for craigslist and the myspace page. So we've narrowed it down to two days, what day should we set in stone, saturday or sunday?

Re: Fall Rat Ride October 26th

Thanks, maybe post one again this friday and next friday, tends to be the busiest day on craigslist. Where do you think we should tell everyone to meet?

Re: Fall Rat Ride October 26th

i figured we would post it a couple more times, I just wanted to get it out there so people could make plans around the holiday week.

I guess we could just meet in the park by the north parking lot.

Back