Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser/Ratina Stolen!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser...Worksman

Amazing!!! Hope the axel fits...

Looks like it will now I need to do a little more frame tweaking had to make a bending jig last nite for the final tweek.

i'm like a little kid on christmas eve... :D :D :D :D

Oh Oh! I got the frame in final alignment and went to try out the axle.........................its too small a diameter .595" or 15mm not the 5/8 or .625" I was expecting ????????????????
couldn't even find it in the Worksman catalog...none of the wheels ,freewheel or bearings will fit. Too sloppy but too tight of clearance for shaft bushings.Got a piece of 5/8 SS rod last night and am going to make own axle. Dang!!!

XC204 said:
Passed the trunk/battery box on to Oldgreaser (Rick) yesterday he has some neat ideas for finishing it off.
Picture quality is bad , I think you will get the idea. Ok, since then I got the hinges installed, and at the moment they hold the top open and hold the lid down when closed. The inside of the trunk box and underside of the lid are lined with carpet, hand holes filled with some ABS plastic.
etriketrunk1.jpg
Here is a little peak at how the inside of the lid will look when open.And a warm-up for the battery box lid.
etrikrtrunk4.jpg
We are going to have Black and Red paint, on the frame and wheels, chrome, whitewalls, more red and white on the battery box, needed to tie this nice seat and the grips in with everything else. Here is islandr102's seat It's really nice. I like it anyway,
etriketrunkseat.jpg
We will see how It all fits together:Top of the lid will get wrapped in a comparable brown leather, with a few other colors mixed in.

ratina said:
Skipton said:
I better get my stuff DONE! :shock: :roll: :wink:

bring that wheel and lets see if I have some spokes!

That would be great!.... sending you a pm now!

Wow thats the underside of the lid ! I cn't wait to see the top side. I have the inside cover bent up now.

The wrong axle and parts to make a new one the drive flange anyway. 1" washer and cut down 5/8" shaft coupling and some 5/8 nylock nuts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New drive flange for 5/8" axle. parts machined.

dscf2584a.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-06-10

parts welded

Did the final frame straightening and measured for the new axle I gotta make. Took the frame out to a friends farm and sand blasted the frame. Take note of the yard art Monark in the background.

Then self etching primer.

Got some stuff done Sunday and tonight COLOR a bearing pressed and some wiring.

The Chrome!

Key switch.....by no planning on my part did the switch end up in that nice swoop in the chain guard.....Pure accident ! Too bad the power on LED is behind the chainguard!

Re: Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser/Ratina

hey skip...since the 20s will have fenders, do you think the 26 should have one too? were you able to get the brake hub to fit the front? ooooorrrrr...maybe gary special foot brake for the front end? :D :?: :D :?: :D

I'm thinkin foot brake not going to happen at this stage since it will have a front drum brake.

A little more progress control wiring done and fromt end painted.

dscf2594k.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-06-18

Back