ElgIndian - 1927 Elgin Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wifey was away this evening, so I got to play a bit!!

ElgIndian's a rockin'!!!

A little close up...

And stills of the rockers...

590d3faf63ae2102c3d59425212ed688.jpg

477452e34963e5ecb22d747163c39c62.jpg

As soon as the rain lets up (supposed to be late tomorrow), I'll give it a proper ride around the block!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that the springer is together, I need to think about fit and finish! I don't think I'm going to paint the frame at all, but with the tank block, fork, and chain guard being different colors, At least SOME paint is in order.

db48a65778523a8c58264d0a5f86b901.jpg

I have narrowed the color options down to 3...

1) a wine red satin
2) a sage green satin
3) silver metallic

Then there is the finish...
A) a quality satin top coat
B) a gloss clear over satin
C) a "patina'd" finish

Remember, there will be gold pinstripes and artwork, so take that into consideration when voting!

Vote 1A, 3B, etc. ...Whichever combination you like or think would keep with the theme.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm with my Uncle ^ at 1C.....you may want to add one of those wine "sling" carriers under the tank .....very euro feel to this build Brett!
4cd424e8d1a2f4a17f26a5d2a5e2d8c5.jpg

The hard work is really paying off on this build. That fork is iconic!
I agree with the others. 1C. Maybe 1A.

I'm with my Uncle ^ at 1C.....you may want to add one of those wine "sling" carriers under the tank .....very euro feel to this build Brett!
View attachment 26342

Very suave, but if I did something like that, it would have to be for a MALTED beverage! [emoji12]

The hard work is really paying off on this build. That fork is iconic!
I agree with the others. 1C. Maybe 1A.

Wow! Thanks for that comment, KF!! Coming from the King of Velo-icons, I'm flattered!

Getting the tank/fork/chainguard paint right will be the next major obstacle!! Wish me luck, it's not my strong suit! [emoji15]

Thanks Shish/OJ/KF/Falstaff/TRM/Chad!

That was the way I was leaning, but the chainguard looked good against the black as well!

Now, should I tone down the new aluminum bars? Or let them stand on their own satin newness??

If you're going for the aged/survivor look, I'd tone them down a little to blend with the rest of the bike.

2A for me!!!

Back