Electra Rat Rod mod.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add a set of bent (raked) springer forks to my Electra Rat Rod bike. I am not sure if mine is a first generation or a later model (I am not sure how to tell the difference), but if anyone can direct me to any sites that sell them and if you can tell me the specifications I need so I know exactly what to order, I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks

First gen Stream Ride frames (Rat Rod etc.) look like this...
ratrodfirstgen.jpg

Second gen Rat Rod(that be mine)...notice the difference in the seat stay positions and note the first gen does not have the "pedal forward" geometry.
brooks002.jpg

Thanks cruisehard.....mine is pedal forward like gen 2, but it also has the gussets under front and back of the backbone. I guess the pedal forward means it is a gen 2 ?

To add to the confusion... I have two Electra Rat Rods, both acquired used so I don't know how old they are. I've been meaning to email Electra with the serial numbers to see if they can tell me when the bikes were built, haven't gotten around to it yet though.

They both have the "newer" frame style like cruisehard's, but one has a rear gusset, and the other one has both front and rear gussets.

Photo of rear gusset one:
bikesatsunset007.jpg

Don't have a good picture of my "double gusset" one right now, but I found this, it's pretty much the same:
electra_rat_rod-rare_must_see_like_new_350_corvallis_18194275.jpg

I decided to just bend my factory forks to both stretch & lower the bike. I am happy with that, now just a few more mods and it will be "finished".
Mybike005.jpg

Mybike002.jpg

Hi,

just got a rat rod myself and had been trying to work out which model it was. Its the forward tech with the higher seat post and double gusset the same as your picture. Just srtippin it down to service it and it's been a bit neglected but really on the look out for advise on how it mod it.

noob question but how did you bend your forks yourself?

Hovis said:
Hi,

just got a rat rod myself and had been trying to work out which model it was. Its the forward tech with the higher seat post and double gusset the same as your picture. Just srtippin it down to service it and it's been a bit neglected but really on the look out for advise on how it mod it.

noob question but how did you bend your forks yourself?

Sorry havent been on this thread in so long.......
To answer you question, I removed and disassembled the forks, tack welded the wheel flanges to a old 8" wide steel car wheel,heated the forks and pulled them around the wheel (using it like a mandrel).

Back