Electra Ghostrider new paint coming soon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Electra Ghostrider now with Al's Rapid Transit Cruiser Bars

I want to run 26" wheels front & back. So, today I ordered a set of silver Felt 26x50mm cruiser wheels. I also have a pair of Electra 26X2.35 Vintage Diamond tires. If the rear fits with no problems, I'll be very happy. If not, I'll throw the wheels on my daily rider Electra Cruiser.

Re: Electra Ghostrider now with Al's Rapid Transit Cruiser Bars

MIGZ said:
The bike has turned out looking great.

Thanks MIGZ! I still plan on getting a shifter from you. I just need to find some sort of clamps for the beefy seat tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Electra Ghostrider now with Felt Cruiser Wheels

My Felt cruiser wheels came in today, along with 1 more of Al's Rapid Transit cruiser bars (for my Electra Cruiser).

I got out of work too darn late to slap the rubber on them & see if the rear will fit. Looks like I'll be waking up early tomorrow morning! I'll post pics ASAP.

Kinda like Christmas huh?

It's amazing how easy it is to get up early when you want to. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Kinda like Christmas huh?

It's amazing how easy it is to get up early when you want to. :lol:

Indeed it is sir, indeed it is!! lol

If things go as I hope, I want to get a set of the 3G Jemima (26") for my Electra Cruiser & lace em with the Nexus 7 I got from the clearance sale. If not, the Felt wheels will go on the Electra Cruiser & a set of Jemima's (26" F & 24" R) laced to a Nexus 3 will go on the Ghostrider.

I also plan on having the GR powder coated "black chrome"!

Well the Felt cruiser wheels & Electra Vintage Diamond tires have been installed. I took it out for a test ride, which had to be cut short due to the rear tire rubbing on the fender. I'll either have to modify it or remove it all together.

I also need/want a double kickstand.

SDC11160.jpg

SDC11162.jpg

SDC11163.jpg

SDC11164.jpg

SDC11165.jpg

SDC11166.jpg

Re: Electra Ghostrider now with Felt Cruiser Wheels (Pics Added)

Looks awesome!

Love the high flange hub up front too.

It just keeps getting nicer ;)

Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome!

Love the high flange hub up front too.

It just keeps getting nicer ;)

Thanks Rat Rod!!

Turns out that the rear tire was rubbing on one of the nuts that holds the fender to the frame. There are several simple solutions to the problem: 1.) remove the fender, 2.) a step down in rear cog size from 22t to 21t or 20t or 3.) adding a link to the chain. Option 2 & 3 both would move the wheel/tire back just enough for it to clear the nut.

All that I had on hand was a 18t cog (which moved the wheel/tire to far back, causing too much chain slack) & no extra chain/links that matched the current chain. So, I just removed the fender....for now.

That bike looks awesome. I'm going to keep an eye out for one of them for my next bike.

BillyZ said:
NicksGarage said:
That bike looks awesome. I'm going to keep an eye out for one of them for my next bike.

Thanks Nick! Where did you get you your double kickstand?

BillyZ

Amazon.com. I think the Ghostrider has the same kickstand mount as my bike. Some Electras use the Schwinn style.

NicksGarage said:
BillyZ said:
NicksGarage said:

BillyZ

Amazon.com. I think the Ghostrider has the same kickstand mount as my bike. Some Electras use the Schwinn style.

The GR does have a mount like yours. My steel framed Electra has the Schwinn style.

BillyZ

BillyZ said:
NicksGarage said:
BillyZ said:
NicksGarage said:

BillyZ

The GR does have a mount like yours. My steel framed Electra has the Schwinn style.

BillyZ

That's what I thought. Was checking out a Rat Fink at the EBF ride on Sunday and it had a Y-shaped kickstand on it. I don't like that style since they hang low when folded to clear the chain.

I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the bike. I thought they were smaller like a Nirve Switchblade.

Back