Electra Ghostrider new paint coming soon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Electra Ghostrider

I picked this bad boy up off of CL today. The apes are too over the top (literally) for me. So I'll be swapping them out.

4-1_zps38fdbbd8.jpg

2013-01-26101711_zpsda4051c5.jpg

2013-01-26101657_zps3e16890f.jpg

Other parts that I'll be changing:

175mm Redline Monster Cranks

SDC11159_zps6b6f498e.jpg

Odyssey Euro 19mm Bottom Bracket:

SDC11156_zpsd051155c.jpg

Porkchop BMX 44t Chop Saw Chainring & Spider:

SDC11158_zpsee714416.jpg

Basman Project 346 Shifter:

shifter_zps93c68b3b.jpg

Bar possibilities:

Vortex Motocross Bars (minus the pad):

bars5_zps8746a88b.jpg

Electra Attitude Bars (Ghostrider stock bars):

attitude_zps421e1e56.jpg

Re: Electra Ghostrider (not a build, just parts mods)

LukeTheJoker said:
Got some cool parts to go on that cool bike! 8)

Luke.

Thanks Luke. The only parts that I do not have are the handlebars. I really like the way that the Vortex Bars look, I just hope if I decide to use them that they go with the bike.

Sweet find!

awesome selection in parts mate..

i was gonna suggest electra T bars or 'double T's? i dont rember the name but Electra stock bent back apes look cool already as is :p
id go with bmx cranks too on one of them electra choppers forsure aswell.. probably Redline Flights or Primo Hallow bites..

kinda funny cause i was looking to build something similar, the Ratfink model.. its nearly the same but just Green :lol:
but i was looking for a nice cruser since i like to ride so much and i have to ride everyday to school :roll:
the old stingray Nanner is rotten out and im in need of a new crusier till i can afford to fix it properly not fix as it falls off kinda thing i been doing :lol:

enough ramble.. Cool bike man 8)

How is that Sturmey Nexus shifter? I am thinking about picking one up.

Rat Rod said:
Looking awesome...loving the changes you made. :wink:

Thanks! I have a couple of more ideas in my head for future mods. I want to run 26" wheels. Has anyone put one on the rear of one of these frames?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Parts choices were really nice ...except that kill you rear Brooks. Thats just me though.
Your probably young enough to roll a Brooks. The bike did turn out nice.

Uncle Stretch said:
Parts choices were really nice ...except that kill you rear Brooks. Thats just me though.
Your probably young enough to roll a Brooks. The bike did turn out nice.

Is 42 young enough? The B190 is ultra comfy right out of the box. I am 250 lbs of beef & it seems fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Electra Ghostrider now with Al's Rapid Transit Cruiser Bars

When I got home from work this evening (8:30pm MTZ), I had a package waiting for me!! It was my Al's Rapid Transit Cruiser Bars!! I bout went pee pee in my pants!! I've been wanting a set of these bars & after seeing Rat Rods Skull Skates Cruiser with a set, I knew I had to have a set myself.

I decided to throw them on the Ghostrider & BOY OH BOY do they look SWEEEEEEEEEET on there!

I will post pics in the a.m.!!

Waiting :mrgreen:

The funny thing was when I ordered mine...I actually forgot I had ordered them and when I got home and saw this tall box in our entry way I thought...what the heck is that? Even after I picked up the box and read the label I still didn't know what it was. :lol:

I wondered what a set would look like on my Straight 8 or the Lakester. :)

Rat Rod said:

The funny thing was when I ordered mine...I actually forgot I had ordered them and when I got home and saw this tall box in our entry way I thought...what the heck is that? Even after I picked up the box and read the label I still didn't know what it was. :lol:

I wondered what a set would look like on my Straight 8 or the Lakester. :)

I like the fact that they are wide & not so tall. From sitting on the GR they feel nice & comfy. I'll take it for a little spin in the morning, this weekend I'll be going on cruise with a group of bike nuts. I'll post pics of the cruise!! :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:

I got called in to work early, so I took some quick pictures (not the best). I will take better ones this weekend.

Going to move the shifter to the normal position on the bars or install a jockey shifter.

2013-02-07082908.jpg

2013-02-07082922.jpg

2013-02-07082937.jpg

2013-02-07083045.jpg

2013-02-07083107.jpg

Yep...they look pretty sweet on there. :wink:

Latest posts

Back