Dragster Build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a picture in my mind for a while now and when the Dragster Build-off popped up I thought why not. I'm attempting at finishing up a bunch of little project bikes and this will get the drag bike out of the way.

I also have a boardtrack build in the bikes with motors section. This build might end up getting a little 2-stroke.

What I'm starting with-

-Open Road Mixte frame that originally had 27" wheels on it.
- I just purchased a NOS Square slick rear tire from some tranny on Craigslist today (good story... :p )

Plans-

-Add some sort of weird fork raked out
-20x1 3/4" front wheel
-wheelie bar

The bike I'm building is on the far right with the duct tape fairing.

gbike.jpg

I just purchased a NOS Square slick rear tire from some tranny on Craigslist today (good story... )

.... ....lets have it ....is that all u got while u were there ...LOL did he..... she have any more for sale ..

mikesbikes36 said:
I just purchased a NOS Square slick rear tire from some tranny on Craigslist today (good story... )

blank ....lets have it ....is that all u got while u were there ...LOL did he..... she have any more for sale ..
you cant leave a story like that untold! :lol: come on with it!

So a "person" has some motorcycles, and parts I was interested in on CL. I also noticed an AMF muscle bike that had an NOS slick included.

So I called this person (strange name in ad) and it ended up being a man. I chatted about the motorcycle he had and asked about the slick. He said $20 come get it.

I call my buddy and and we head over to the house. When we get close I call and the man says "I'm out back puttin wiper in ma truck". We walk around back and a burly man, about 5'10" is hunched over working on an old Ford. Full jean jacket and a bit of a rockabilly look. I say Hi and the man turn around. WHOA! Now picture this. This dude looked like a bad ... biker from the neck down...but from the neck up, it was like a large Buffalo Bill look alike. AHHHHHH. Flowing grey hair just like Grandma used to have, bright red lipstick and eyes that must have taken all morning to do. The whole time all I was thinking was "it puts the lotion on it's skin". :shock:

At this point, I'm a bit weirded out. The man "says come on in and I'll show you the bikes". Ummmmmmmm, there's a flight of stairs we are walking up into a shady apartment complex. Things are getting weirder.

We walk in and the hardtail project is sitting on his kitchen table. Totally blow apart into pieces and waiting for reassembly. He also had two other COMPLETE bikes in his tiny, tiny living room and had already sold a couple bikes he had in there. He still had three other in his bedroom, but I didn't want to go that far. He had TONS of really cool old bike parts, pictures, posters and other goodies.

The dude had done some AMAZING iron work on the bike. It was full of twisted metal parts he had hand made. The man was amazing. He ended up being very knowledgable about bicycles and motorcycles.

It was very strange though!

:mrgreen: this has to be true, theres no way you could make that up! :mrgreen:

X-RAY said:
:mrgreen: this has to be true, theres no way you could make that up! :mrgreen:

Great story! That's what those long cold Minnesota winters will do to a guy!

you should tell him about the site, sounds like a lot of us....except the gray hair and creepy thing. :lol:

:shock: nuts! Looks like it would be really uncomfortable to ride more that down the strip! :lol:

I need to move the knee rests back a few inches, and put the rear pegs bock on.

I picked up a 40t sprocket from a friend. I just need to buy a clutch and put the front brake on. Then paint and go!

I picked up a Mini bike with a carb for my Boardtrack Racer and a clutch for this. The clutch is soaking and needs to be cleaned up. Hopefully rideable next week.

Latest posts

Back