Down and Dirty!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not that my son and I are not enjoying the HotRod/RatRod world of bikes!!!!!

but we thought we would try and enjoy another side of the bike world!

My son's bike is a Norco "Detonator" we sold one of his builds to get it.....he wanted to try some down hill and Trials style of riding :roll: :mrgreen:
he has been catching on real well!

So I had to get in on it! ....with the sale of a few of my more recent builds. I was able to purchace this Norco "Fuse" Man what a bike!

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

I picked it up today so off to the mud trails we went! I even went over the handle bars today :? Have not done that in a long time lolol
I must say what a learning curve this bike has....all kinds of cool stuff :mrgreen:

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

have no fear! we are here to stay .....

I have already been working on a way to HotRod this

FW

Right on!!! Bombing Downhill is great!! But, theres nothing better than you and some buddies flowing down sweet Singletrack on a warm Spring or Fall day, then going for Burrito's!!! ...., I miss Idaho. Nice Norcos!!

Sweeeeet!!
Nothing like long travel and some 8" discs. Like a motorcycle and you are the meat motor. You have some of the best extreme riding in the worId right in your neighborhood. I have been on several vacations to BC just to ride. I especially liked the Ferney, Nelson area as well as the North Shore Whistler stuff.
Enjoy but beware, gravity can be a cruel mistress :?

Murray, that is one mean looking Norco!

My wife are anticipating a move to the Pacific NW soon, and I think i will definately need to upgrade to something other the my nice, but entry level, hardtail trek 4500... :oops:

I cant wait to get something with some sick travel on it like yours.
So, is that a new bike? if you dont my asking, what does a rig like that run?

SWEET !!! you can always put some flames on it.

2manybikes said it the best. " gravity can be a cruel mistress "

Nice Fuse! My friend also bought a 2004 Norco Fuse last summer and has been over the bars a couple times trying to keep up with me hahaha. His Fuse is currently hanging in pieces in my basement with a fresh coat of paint. I wish we lived in B.C. cause London, Ontario is pretty flat. What are your plans for hot rodding it? New parts or paint? I've got a couple mountain rigs that are rat themed I could post a couple shots if you need some inspiration.

thanks guys

Rollin Double Sixes I would love to see some pics!

right now I plan on putting it through its paces this summer. There are soo many places here to ride. This winter it will get a full make over! paint maybe a few upgrades..... I already had to do a number on the hydrolic brakes...

Tomb asked
So, is that a new bike? if you dont my asking, what does a rig like that run?

the bike is a 2004 and when it was new it ran for about $2700 :shock: ow I tell you I could never spend that kind of cash on any bike! I looked it up and they are going for about $1800 used...... I got this off of a friend for $700 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: he just spent $4500 on a 08 Norco

FW

Did you have to bleed the brakes when you got it? We had to bleed my friends cause the front brake lever reservoir had lost it's fill hole cap. We made up a nifty little bleed kit for it which cost around 15 bucks as compared to 35 for the Hayes kit. I got some pics up!

Did you have to bleed the brakes when you got it? We had to bleed my friends cause the front brake lever reservoir had lost it's fill hole cap. We made up a nifty little bleed kit for it which cost around 15 bucks as compared to 35 for the Hayes kit. I got some pics up!
I'd like to see the kit, I havent met a pair of Hayes Brakes I liked! :x

Latest posts

Back