ORBO Down and dirty klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
260767-IMG-0925.jpeg

Just a quick 2 day klunker build. I thought about calling it 'Dirty Klunk Done Dirt Cheap.' Here's the build thread:
What the Klunk?

I blew apart this old build to make something more rideable:
259951-IMG-0814.jpeg

Stripped it down and changed almost all of the parts using only parts on hand. It was a fun build and it's really fun to ride. It actually rides quite well considering it's a '54 CWC built up with a hodge-podge of old mountain bike parts plus moto handlebars, custom copper truss rods and a comfy Brooks B72. Fun stuff!
260766-IMG-0924.jpeg
260768-IMG-0926.jpeg
260771-IMG-0930.jpeg
260773-IMG-0933.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 261402

Just a quick 2 day klunker build. I thought about calling it 'Dirty Klunk Done Dirt Cheap.' Here's the build thread:
What the Klunk?

I blew apart this old build to make something more rideable:
View attachment 261406

Stripped it down and changed almost all of the parts using only parts on hand. It was a fun build and it's really fun to ride. It actually rides quite well considering it's a '54 CWC built up with a hodge-podge of old mountain bike parts plus moto handlebars, custom copper truss rods and a comfy Brooks B72. Fun stuff!
View attachment 261401View attachment 261403View attachment 261404View attachment 261405
Awesome bike….. fork truss makes it!

Awesome bike….. fork truss makes it!

Man, great work with the CWC. Love the Slingshot and bar combo

Agree with Jude and Matti on the front end accutrements! Along with the pistol grips and the Brooksie! Everything about this screams klunker!

Great looking Klunker
Have a blast riding it!!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It was a fun project to see what I could do quickly with parts on hand. I think it fits the spirit of the original klunkers, even though not all of the parts are 70s/early 80s era correct. I started with a $15 frame and a bunch of take-off parts from free bikes and sprinkled in some cool parts I've purchased online or at swap meets over the years. Pretty fun project and it rides surprisingly well. When the trails dry out a bit I'm looking forward to putting some miles on it. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back