Do adults fit Sears Screamer bikes??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a screamer but I do have a buzz bike that maybe for sale not sure yet but when I decide you can have first option
1223121733-1.jpg

BK, thats very cool of you, and while the frames are similar, I have an emotional attachment to the big rear Screamers.

Im only 5' 5" so its no problem for me to ride a 20" muscle bike. Having said that, Ive owned 3 Screamers and while I could fit them with no problem I find that the ride is TERRIBLE. The feel of the butterfly bars with the 16" front wheel just made the ride very awkward and uncomfortable for me. Just my 2 cents, dont let it discourage you from getting one especially if it will bring back fond childhood memories for you.
-Brian

Okay guys, I have decided that I want to relive some of my childhood and get a Screamer to customize and ride.
Does anyone have one they want to part with? I am not looking for a showpiece, so most any condition would be considered. I have a lot of cool stuff to trades or straight purchase would work too. Shoot me a PM of what you have.

I will check with my guy in Alabama he may have one tucked away he has a barn full of vintage an antique bikes I will give him a call in the morning. I'm releived after I made the offer I was thinking what are you thinking thats your build off bike for this years build off.

Thanks buddy! I definitely wouldn't want to steal your BO8 bike!

I bought a 20" Spyder without knowing if I would really be able to ride it at all. I gave it 24" ape hangers, a 18" banana seat with a 36" sissy bar. Then I bought "highway pegs" but turned out I couldn't even reach them (I'm 5'11). I can't wait to ride it this summer and could care less what I look like! DOOOOO EEEET!

vintagebuilt said:
I bought a 20" Spyder without knowing if I would really be able to ride it at all. I gave it 24" ape hangers, a 18" banana seat with a 36" sissy bar. Then I bought "highway pegs" but turned out I couldn't even reach them (I'm 5'11). I can't wait to ride it this summer and could care less what I look like! DOOOOO EEEET!
Need pictures of this! :mrgreen:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
I went back in time to fix that crank for you KingFish...

No need to thank me, just send me one of those 5 speed console shifters you have for sale... :wink:

Luke.

Sorry Luke, I can't do that because you screwed up all of the other bikes cranks now!!!!!!!!! :p :mrgreen:

Well,heres my solution.I fit a whole lot better on this one and I used parts just laying in my basement.My girlfriend says the Esso tiger grips should go but I've liked them since '65 and they're staying.I'm gonna see if the stock front fender will fit on the rear when rotated about 90 deg. and I might lose the whitewalls,I was never a big fan of them but they keep finding me
IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Cool bike. I know I could build a 26" Stingray style muscle bike, but I was and still am a bigger fan of the different muscle bile frames like the Screamers and Eliminators.

Just to echo what has been said before. The longer muscle bikes fit adults fairly well and if you are a shorter adult they fit great. I am 5'8" and have Murray made Hiawatha Cycovator, basically it is an Eliminator. As it sits in the picture I can ride it very comfortably and it is actually to long for my 5'6" wife.

DSCN4434.jpg

Thanks buddy.
Never heard of the Cycovators before. That is a pretty cool bike name .

I had an Eliminator like that back in the day,very cool bike.I think my Fastback needs to come out of the basement,you guys got me wanting to ride it again.

Back