Do adults fit Sears Screamer bikes??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
After recently seeing Fisch post a photo of his Sears Screamer 2, I had a flashback to one of my Christmas mornings when Santa brought that bike to me as a kid.

IMG_2665.jpg

It really got me thinking about trying to get one to tinker with and ride, but I am wondering how well (or bad) they fit a grown man. I know they were longer bikes than most 20" muscle bikes. I can't seem to find a single photo of one with an adult on it or next to it. Does anyone have one that they can take a photo with an adult sitting on it?

Here is a recent photo of my old Screamer 2 after I just rebuilt the wheel (yes, I know I put the crank on backwards :p )

SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg

Very cool video.
Thanks buddy.

Danimal is 6'8" and rides a 20" sting ray.
Seen pics from their rides.
So yes its possible.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Not really whether or not an adult CAN ride a Screamer, but how out of scale is the ride. I imagine it is less than on a shorter muscle bike.
Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.

CRASH said:
I look like a bear in the circus when I ride a 20" bike. That's why I'm building a 26" sized muscle bike for myself.

LOL!! Ditto,I love my Fastback and other Sting-Rays and feel comfortable riding them but I'm just too big for them,it looks goofy. I need a taller sissy bar for my 26 Typhoon/Sting-Ray build,anybody?

Who cares what you look like? Seriously, riding vintage bikes is pretty goofy in general. At least when all 6'8" of me is riding my Stingray, I always get attention...and not because I dwarf the thing.

But to each his own I suppose.

Danimal said:
Who cares what you look like? Seriously, riding vintage bikes is pretty goofy in general. At least when all 6'8" of me is riding my Stingray, I always get attention...and not because I dwarf the thing.

But to each his own I suppose.

I go back and forth on this. It definitely shouldn't matter to me, because I am used to riding folders. Heck if I cared what I looked like riding a bike would probably never ride Fugsley. :p

clamdigger said:

Whoa, I didn't know thay had popped up in price like that!!!! I am not looking for a showpiece, just a rider. I'll just keep searching for a rat one. I found a Girvin fork, so maybe a Screamer will pop up one day. Hey, I wonder what a Girvin fork would look like on a Screamer???????

I'm 6' and I've been surprised at how well the muscle bikes can fit me. I've owned a Krate and my dad has a Screamer now, both of which have been very comfortable to ride. I don't feel like a clown on them, either. I had a Manta Ray and some 24" Spyders as well; those both fit well too but the 20" were the big surprise. Give it a go!

And no, I don't think they've popped up in price that much.. that's a very nice example but I think the price is otherworldly. Me padre got his Screamer 2 at the Ann Arbor swap last year for 325$. Incorrect seat but everything else correct with the butterfly handlebars.

Thats a cool pic,I dont have any friends that ride 20"ers.Guess thats why I stand out so much..I think its cool you guys still ride together.

Gold Street Customs said:
I was 5'10 then my thinning hair puts me closer to 5'9 but as far as adults riding screamers, I love riding mine ,very comfy. i am 48 and still don't consider myself an adult :wink:

Your just a youngster. I'll be 52 soon but still act like a child.

Those 2 pics were from a couple years ago. All the bikes in them (and numerous others) belonged to one guy (not me). There were late night pub crawls that were sometimes huge. Sadly, that group no longer exists. The bikes were sold off and the people have move to various places. But those guys and girls got me to love Muscle bikes and because of them, I bought my first vintage bike (my '69 Stingray).

Now when I go on rides with RRB members I am always the biggest guy and usually the only one with a 20" bike.

Well here's my .02. Ride what u like. I never had a stingray when I was a kid. The closest I came was my uncles 24 in manta-ray that was well past it when i got to ride it. Half the fun to me is riding my stingray with my wife riding her new school manta and people saying "those r nice bikes" or asking what kind they r cus they never saw them before. You see I'm not cool so I gave up trying to be cool years ago. I just make myself happy and take solice in the fact that my wifes pretty cool.

Back