'Cyclops' board tracker racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up for $10, 70s (?) racer. Basically ridden a couple of times and garaged... This will be my first build, it'll get an old board tracker look to it, hoping to keep it real basic and on a budget :wink:

It's pretty ugly at the moment :lol: and check out that light! There was a matching headlight, but that came off during the trip home :lol:
cyclops.jpg

What a cool head badge though, the "Cyclops". Definitely keep that
cyclops2.jpg

And very funky frame too, will really compliment a board track look I think. Paint will probably be creme and maroon 8)
cyclops3.jpg

I've done a deal on a taboo tiki, so to make room I've donated the Cyclops to my brother who wants something to play with :D If/when he does something with it, I'll post some pics. :wink:

hewey said:
I've done a deal on a taboo tiki, so to make room I've donated the Cyclops to my brother who wants something to play with :D If/when he does something with it, I'll post some pics. :wink:

Well it sat in the shed for a while, and my brother has let me know he doesnt want it. So plan is to build it up as cheap as possible.

Stole the bars off my GT hybrid bike, they'll get trimmed if I use them, but currently Im undecided. Itll stay a 5 speed for practicality, it'll be great for buzzing along bike paths. Prob just going to run the rear brake.
Cyclops006.jpg

Cyclops009.jpg

Looks good :mrgreen: , are you going to run rear brake cable along top tube? would nice to cut off those lugs.... maybe run cable hidden or a different route.

MrG

screw a bmx freewheel on in place of the gear cluster and it's done.

That frame is perfect for a budget boardtracker! I'm always on the prowl for a low frame such as this one... I did mine with a tall frame and it worked once I got the tankplate between the tubes. Mine is still a 5 speed too, coz I like the constant tension on the chain. Although I took off the handle to opperate it. It stays in high gear. I hope your one brake will do the trick but why not use the frontbrake also? As long as it looks cool and is functional. I'll be following this one and look forward to see what you come up with to personalize and make it your own.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back