Cyclone like? board track build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOUND OBJECTS said:
Yeah I hear ya...I think it'll be rad.
Check this from RRBBO3...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9715
This bike was tearing it up!
The cream bricks made it pop!

yeah that bike has also been my insperation.

Gdcast said:
Go for it!! Turned out OK the first and the second time I did it. (just check out the last post of the link Galt posted).
Remember to use green floral foam or the blue construction foam. Regular foam will melt. Get a good set of rubber gloves and do it in a very ventilated area.

Next time I´ll make a wooden tank, just for kicks, last one I did turned out pretty good.
This bike of yours will be great, I love the board track look! :wink:

thanks!

You´re welcome!!
If you come up with a different, better way to do it, please keep us posted!
Fibber glassing is addictive to me, always looking into new ways to get things looking good. :wink:

SOME progress. I got my thick bricks today and those things are beefy! made an order with the bike shop to get me some inner tubes for it, I'll get them by wednesday. Finally got the the fork re-threaded and then i had to cut it down (I think a little too much), had to cut down the truss rods also but dont know how to set it up proper yet to fit on the wheel. Im gonna wait for the tires to be pumped up before i cut the fender to fit, cause the fender might be too small? maybe need a wider one, this one is a front fender i had from another old bike. Anyway heres some teaser pics.

IMG_2146.jpg

need to cut fender to fit nicer.
IMG_2145.jpg

before and after of truss rods
IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Pic of cut down fork.
IMG_2148.jpg

Pic of grips im using.
IMG_2139.jpg

It's coming along, the last thing I'll do is the tank.

I like the way those fenders look just like that.
Lovin´the tires!! This one will be a killer! :D

Pumped the tires up and its a little tight but I'll fix that somehow, maybe with washers.

IMG_2156.jpg

Cut fender
IMG_2157.jpg

bent braces so tire fits better. Now i just gotta cover up the holes on the fender.
IMG_2158.jpg

i need to now buy a vintage long springer seat, old seven seat post, fix chainguard to frame, then maybe fiberglass the tank. Still got a way to go. :mrgreen:

Does anyone know what skip tooth setup i need for a smooth ride?

Dan Jose said:
SOME progress. I got my thick bricks today and those things are beefy! made an order with the bike shop to get me some inner tubes for it, I'll get them by wednesday. Finally got the the fork re-threaded and then i had to cut it down (I think a little too much), had to cut down the truss rods also but dont know how to set it up proper yet to fit on the wheel. Im gonna wait for the tires to be pumped up before i cut the fender to fit, cause the fender might be too small? maybe need a wider one, this one is a front fender i had from another old bike. Anyway heres some teaser pics.

IMG_2146.jpg

need to cut fender to fit nicer.
IMG_2145.jpg

before and after of truss rods
IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Pic of cut down fork.
IMG_2148.jpg

Pic of grips im using.
IMG_2139.jpg

It's coming along, the last thing I'll do is the tank.

I am having the same issue with anything around the 2.125 size fitting in my frame for The Rocketeer build. I have 1.75s on now and it looks goofy. I might try the simple "washer" approach but I was thinking of cutting out the dropouts a little bit further or even going to a flat 2.0 and making sure my rim is true. Should hopefully work after that. Diggin it though! Killer Bike!

Dan Jose said:
icyuod2 said:
loving every minute of it! :lol:

Thanks thay means alot! I think your way better at this bike thing than i am though. 8)

i give credit, where credit is due.

and there ain't a darn thing wrong with your building skills, cause its looking trick! :lol:

badmuller said:
Hey Dan,

This is one of my fav. builds.
Any progress, on this cool build?

Im not sure if i can go any further with this build. I cut the fork too short and to try and compensate i cut the head tube and all heck happened after that. that was the first time i ever hated bikes, I wanted to quit bikes and get a motocycle. This build really hurts me right now, I still dont know what to do. Maybe you could tell me something i cant tell myself. Thanks for caring about it.

Dan Jose said:
badmuller said:
Hey Dan,

Im not sure if i can go any further with this build. I cut the fork too short and to try and compensate i cut the head tube and all h*** happened after that. that was the first time i ever hated bikes, I wanted to quit bikes and get a motocycle. This build really hurts me right now, I still dont know what to do. Maybe you could tell me something i cant tell myself. Thanks for caring about it.

What happened after cutting the headtube?? Im sure we can pull our brains together and help ya out. Mark

Markm said:
Dan Jose said:
badmuller said:
Hey Dan,

Im not sure if i can go any further with this build. I cut the fork too short and to try and compensate i cut the head tube and all h*** happened after that. that was the first time i ever hated bikes, I wanted to quit bikes and get a motocycle. This build really hurts me right now, I still dont know what to do. Maybe you could tell me something i cant tell myself. Thanks for caring about it.

What happened after cutting the headtube?? Im sure we can pull our brains together and help ya out. Mark

Oh wow, bad luck hapened to you too huh.

I know how you feel my "first time build"
didn't go as planned either, same week i got a another bike from someone.
I thought; well must be a reason for it, so i left "first time" to be, where i could still see it when i'm tinkering at the workshop.
And started working on the other bike, build is going well. untill today i seem to have created another problem.
but i noticed i wasn't that disapointed with it as with "first time".
Its all because of the inspiration i get from other builders on this site, there's people doing amazing stuff, creative and awesome fabricators.
But there's also people who do simple bolt on builds and make stunning bikes.
I just want to say they started somewhere too, so we can too, and i know you can i've seen some of your stuff, and i think that looks dang cool.

So i would say grab your build together and let people come up with ideas to put you back on track again.
if the headtube is damaged beyond repair, it says in the rules you can change your frame once.
I can't think of any reason why you won't be allowed that.

good luck!!

Latest posts

Back