Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought a beautiful shelby off craigslist for 40 bucks ...... picking up an early 70's huffy tomorrow for 10 bucks ....love craigslist

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

Funkme said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Just had the worst one yet, I had a guy call on a low rider bike I posted and offered me a trade for Cocaine, meth, and marijuana then threatened my life when I said no. Cops said they can't trace the call or do anything. I am done with Craigslist and I'm keeping the shotgun loaded just in case. Keep me in your prayers guys. Also pray for this guy that he gets his life straightened out and stops threatening people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Gee!!! you guys must have some lunatic farms over there, interbreeding... :shock:
Sleep with one eye open... :wink:

I gotta say I was a bit freaked out by it at first but I got to thinking and if a drug dealer can't come up with $50 cash and risks getting caught over a $50 bicycle he probably isn't that dangerous...or smart :roll: And I sleep like a baby with a .410 shotgun on my gun rack over my bed. Locked and loaded. :wink:

randallace said:
bought a beautiful shelby off craigslist for 40 bucks ...... picking up an early 70's huffy tomorrow for 10 bucks ....love craigslist

Nice deal!

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

CeeBee said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Just had the worst one yet, I had a guy call on a low rider bike I posted and offered me a trade for Cocaine, meth, and marijuana then threatened my life when I said no. Cops said they can't trace the call or do anything. I am done with Craigslist and I'm keeping the shotgun loaded just in case. Keep me in your prayers guys. Also pray for this guy that he gets his life straightened out and stops threatening people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Sounds about like the typical lowrider buyer in these parts. :lol:

Yeah it does, Guy probably drives a Honda Civic and needs to pull up his pants too. :roll:

:lol: CL fight of the Century :lol: . Every time someone posts a RE about this Warrior Cycles the WC guys get's loonier & loonier. I am getting tired of this WC guy as much as the guy posting the RE's.

The Re poster.
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bid/4128212840.html
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/4133615788.html

Warrior Cycles Guy.
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/4112285308.html
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/4103933444.html
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/4059569618.html

There was tons more at one time posted by both of them.

That guy should be kicked in the junk for cutting up a vintage 3 bar frame and stuffing a motor that doesn't fit into it. He ruined a bike that would have actually been worth something to make this ugly contraption deathtrap that is worthless. :cry:

Agreed. It continues because there are more posts from the both of them and I hope the Warrior Cycles guy is gone from CL because this is ridiculous.

outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:

Actually kinda cool, I like it but not for $3,000.

Funny thing, his name "Alvin Garner"... The guy from the "Hangover" movies "Alan Garner" :mrgreen:

X2, I like it. Would have left the bars but that's me. Guys are converting Felts all the time over on the motor forums. I'd rather start with a good bike than a piece o junk. It may be your life at risk. I'd rather use that than a old frame that you don't know the history on as well. Jmo.

And yeah we all know he doesn't have that into it. Maybe if you counted all the hours and charged a top dollar labor rate.

I just hate that they used a limited edition bike for it.

After my recent bad experience with a motor on a bike, I just know that these motors leave the bike in a compromised state.

Yeah but think this is why old cars are worth so much because say there were only 5,000 built...some guys modified some of them, a few got wrecked, others were scrapped, and there may only be 1,000 original examples left. If all 5,000 of the 5,000 made or however many there were still existed in mint condition then the value would never change. Take a chance and make something cool. To be honest if I knew I could pull it off without destroying it and could afford one I'd chop an Elgin Bluebird in half and stretch it just to make the purists cry and I'd have the coolest rat bike ever. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah but think this is why old cars are worth so much because say there were only 5,000 built...some guys modified some of them, a few got wrecked, others were scrapped, and there may only be 1,000 original examples left. If all 5,000 of the 5,000 made or however many there were still existed in mint condition then the value would never change. Take a chance and make something cool. To be honest if I knew I could pull it off without destroying it and could afford one I'd chop an Elgin Bluebird in half and stretch it just to make the purists cry and I'd have the coolest rat bike ever. :mrgreen:

I agree. I would like to get my hands on a retired '62 vette drag racer so that I can have fun without butchering a collector car. The Felts are nice (I like mine anyway) but they are basically the same bike with various standard components and a spiffy paint job. I sanded my 1903 bare and replaced most everything. The first thing to go was the "made in China" decal. I'm not dismissing the concept of limited production but the current collector value is minimal on most models. Perhaps they just don't drop in value as rapidly or bottom out as low as a mass production bike. My two cents anyway. Maybe I should have posted this diatribe to CL!

Back