Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me curious as well. With a BMX fork that thing would be sweet still. I'd probably buy it for $200 because of the wheels.

I know i haven't seen every gt made, but that one raises my eyebrows! No triple triangle, no gussets at the head tube. I am not saying it is not gt,
just not so sure...
It's a GT. Looks like a 85' GT Timberline MTB ,That someone stripped down. I have one myself (not stripped down) that I am getting ready to put on CL.
-Kreep-

If it wasn't for scammers, CL would be a great source. I put my dirtbike up for sale with my cell number and I get a scam call today from some company claiming they have customers interested in my "vehicle." Never do they mention dirt bike. I look up the company name "Once Driven" and it's some scam company that scans CL for phone numbers and blows up your phone with phone calls! :mad::mad:

Sorry for the rant, just a little ticked off from the phone calls.:comando:

It's a GT. Looks like a 85' GT Timberline MTB ,That someone stripped down. I have one myself (not stripped down) that I am getting ready to put on CL.
-Kreep-

85 timberlines looked like a bmx with a long seat post.
Look at the kinky bends in the top tubes of the rear stays, never ever saw a gt with that. MURRY, on the other hand did, and they totally ripped the triple triangle at one point....

If it wasn't for scammers, CL would be a great source. I put my dirtbike up for sale with my cell number and I get a scam call today from some company claiming they have customers interested in my "vehicle." Never do they mention dirt bike. I look up the company name "Once Driven" and it's some scam company that scans CL for phone numbers and blows up your phone with phone calls! :mad::mad:

Sorry for the rant, just a little ticked off from the phone calls.:comando:
I always spell out my phone number so the robots don't pick it out.

GT still makes decent mountain bikes, they sell them at Performance Bikes.

Craigslist now has a space to input your number when you create an ad that supposedly hides it from robot scanners. Your best bet is to enter it there and not in the text of the ad.

Latest posts

Back