COOLER CORONA FINISHED !!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here goes nothing my stepson has persuaded me to enter RRB 6 after buiding a few bikes for him I have collected a few parts which are now laying redundant. The name of the game is as cheap as possible unfortunately here in the uk especially miles away from the coast cruiser bikes are rare, but we are lucky enough to have brewerys that have promotional nights where yep you guessed it cruiser bikes are amongst the prizes, WINNER so first freebie acquired. Blue & yellow Corona beers cruiser bike, now been sat unridden for 6 months, ( its very hilly here & mountain bikes are the norm single speeds are for sensible roads).
So what to do with it colour change ? Colour code forks ? Change yellow bars it's a start I suppose.
I'm going to try to post pics but bear with the old man modern technology takes some grasping.

corona.jpg
:cry: :idea:

Re: COOLER CORONA

I would say thats probably a limited edition and may command a premium. before you transform it from its stock form, you may want to get a value on it, it may finance your whole build on another frame plus some goodie money.. :roll:

yes that bike is allready a nice one off cruiser. just sell it to a beer fan. then buy one off ebay or off here shipped to your door. but if you are dead set on doing this bike add some gears to help with the hills,then basckets to hold your stuff, lights for safe night rides. you get the IDA just make it more use full for wear you live!

Thanks guys but these come up in ebay regularly & after 35 years of building hot rods / minitrucks & offroaders gears & practicality are out the window pretty is in. I can always push it up hills if the old legs give in.
Transformation has begun decals are no more, forks off to paint but I may have a change there ?

Ohhhh I could use a Corona right now, but I would probably get fired. Good luck on the build mate!

Say goodbye to yellow crank & blue pedals
BLU16.jpg

Yellow bars bye bye
BLU14.jpg

Forks back from paint couldn't wait for camera to charge to take pic before fitting up forks / black bars, chrome crank & pedals
blucrui.jpg

Had a busy day swopped out BMX frame for springer forks & won another Corona bike on ebay.
Have an idea where this build is going now loosely built around boardtracker dug out more bars an SR dropped stem
blue and white sprung saddle, nice chrome bell & headlamp ?

Re: COOLER CORONA ( springer forks on )

LOOKS NICE BUDDY. KEEP IT UP. THE FORKS GAVE IT A NASTY LOOK . YEAH BABY!! PEACE

Nice to see someone else from the uk represent. And nice to see one of these corona bikes get a makeover. It's looking good so far.
There are at least one or two of these bikes on eBay here every week.

Good luck in the build off, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Got an early finish at work so on went bars & front light starting to take shape now
BLU5.jpg

Need to address saddle got a couple of options to try
BLU4.jpg

Re: COOLER CORONA ( seat options ) pics

Race saddle ?
BLU11.jpg

Sprung ?
BLU7.jpg

One thing leads to another now I'm not happy with rear fender

I think it's the color that's messing with you. Prime it and then look at it. Nothings written in stone. Ya still gonna paint it rat..I'm mean right ?!? GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Rear mudgaurd was bothering me so swopped in front one ala bobber style
BLU13.jpg

Rear lights coming soon
BLU17.jpg

Re: COOLER CORONA ( bobber gaurd ? ) pics

Jake you're right about colour , there's too much of it I think its the chaingaurd ?

Back