(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We burned thru November like it was spit in the wind... I did nothing much on the bike, collected a few bits, new chain, leather for the shifter boot and some double stik tape to go under the wrap so it doesn't slip. I did tweak the chainline, and I've been mentally refining the dunk tank I have yet to build... gotta pick up the pace.

Carl.

I'm pretty jealous of your handlebars. Just realized they resemble a DMC with its doors up. [emoji106]
Made them from two pair of apes...with some heavy tubing I have that fits inside at the splice... I on the other hand wish I had your seat...

Carl.

Right, that seat is great.
Yeah, instead of the correct seat (his) I have an old polo seat, now it's pretty cool, has an awesome patina to it, But it's got issues and it's what I need to braze. I stripped all the vinyl and padding off of it, and found a split in the metal and rust. Well after wire wheeling the rust off I have a cool pitted metal seat. I'm thinking some color change paint around the sides, buffing out the bare metal on top, maybe some color effex clear and gold web paint over it all. Should be pretty cool, but I need that split to get brazed (I want the brass to show) so as much as I wish I had the correct seat... I got some plans for what I got.

Carl.

I saw a couple videos the other day on the paint dip process, can't wait to see how this turns out.

I saw a couple videos the other day on the paint dip process, can't wait to see how this turns out.
Yeah, it's gonna be a trick to get it to cover good in one dip. I've been debating on submerging the frame before I swirl the paint and then lifting it thru the swirls... and I've never done this before, so... yeah.

Carl.

I would think the paint may not stick if the frame is submerged first. But who knows, I've never done it either.

I hope you're going to shoot video as you dip it so we can see it done, that would be pretty cool. looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back