Clarkston Michigan 9/2/07!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Ricky, you've got enough bikes put her on one and bring her along, heck bring the whole family...Kelly

Got any pics of grandma? Maybe posing with a bike? I need to submit a pic or two to the CBN board! :mrgreen:

Bring the family on out and make a day out of it! FREE HOTDOGS RICKY! YUMMY YUMMY!

Thanks guys for welcoming me with open arms. I had a great ride today with you guys. I wish I could've stayed longer to enjoy the festivities, but duty calls. I hope everyone makes it home as well as I did. I must admit I am looking forward to the next ride. Thanks again for the warm welcome and all the lovely parting gifts.

See ya next time 'round,
Lefty

Was good meeting you as well lefty....planning on doing a halloween ride will keep you posted...it will be in Canada.....if not will keep you updated for July...

Grandma, Just survived stage 4 throat cancer, a broken arm back and hip, she cant ride a bike.. i wish i coulda came.

I got home a little after 2am this morning, needless to say Dad and I had a great time down there. It was a pleasure meeting Tony and Lefty and all of the other new Freaks that turned out. Happy aniversary Jim and Dora and happy birthay to all applicable (I know there were at least a couple). We hung out afterward and went on an after ride ride through the hills of Clarkston again. The return ride after ice cream was fun in the dark with several critters narrowly escapeing with their lives including some deer. We also got to make a late night trip to Chainsaws workshop, I must say I am impressed and I'll leav it at that. We left down there around 11ish with some lovely parting gifts for our 3 1/2 hour drive that took me 3. Thanks again guys
garza.gif
...Kelly

Thanks to everyone who showed! Welcome to our new Freak, Lefty! Sorry we haven't got any pics posted yet, but tomorrow Gigs should start . If not you guys give her some grief! :wink:

Gigs got a few loaded up today so i thought that I'd throw some on here to entice you guys and we'll post some up on the FreakBike Nation site.
Here we go ......

Let's put some names to these Freaks!
Rockin' the backpack style of chic-freak .... The Anniverary Girl, Giggles!
Looking very stylish as he turns the wheel, "Mr. Nogoodnic" himself, Kelly!
And the "Freak in the makin" pulling our shared niece, Uncle Dave!
Project jessica is in that trailer somewhere, isn't she Uncle Dave?
2007_09017yearitch0002.jpg

We'll run the names on these Freaks also.
Nogoodnic's better side.
Uncle Dave's sweetie pie, Cassie. Great addition to the FreakLadies!
YYZMEC's daughter, not sure which one .... HELP TONY! The girls confuse me! :?
In the orange shirt is Mrs. YYZMEC looking great on her cruiser!
And in the back of the group is Daddy Nogoodnic aka Rick. Rick has become my new riding buddy. Chicks dig us older Freaks!
2007_09017yearitch0003.jpg

Here's Project Jessica's other favorite Uncle Jim! He'll ride this bike all day if you throw enough peanuts at him! :D Jim was invaluable for helping us with getting the Pixie events and the hotdog fest going! Thank you ever so much Uncle Jim!
2007_09017yearitch0023.jpg

Tony and his bike were responsible for at least 2 new members to the FreakBike Nation! Momma Kat's 2 brothers are sports nuts and came mainly to see Tony's chopper, but I think they stayed around because they were "closet Freaks"! We outted them pretty good!
2007_09017yearitch0022.jpg

Lefty made his public Freak debut at the 7 Year Itch! I loved his Rat Bike but unfortunately I didn't get any real good pics of his bike. I'm hoping he'll give us a little info and some pics for our Freakbike Gallery.

Thank you Lefty, it was great to have a new face in the crowd!
2007_09027yearitch20079.jpg

O..K. can you guys figure out the REAL Giggles?
2007_09027yearitcha0006.jpg

2007_09027yearitcha0005.jpg

Project Jessica attempts to slay Auntie "Dora the Freakin' Explorer"
2007_09027yearitch20057.jpg

When Jessica couldn't get the job done, she brought in some friends to take down her Piniata Aunt!

This Canadian Damsel, Lady Caleste (spelling probably wrong) took mighty strokes but couldn't take the paper Gigs down!
2007_09027yearitch20061.jpg

Lady Page would eventually land the fatal blow to the evil sack-o-candy!
2007_09027yearitch20060.jpg

And The towns folks rejoiced and celebrated their victory with a sugar rush like never before!
2007_09027yearitch20065.jpg

Could be a little trash talking going on here. Lefty and Big Daddy Double smoked the competition on their personal bikes, so .....
I gave them Pixies for the finals!
Come to think about it, they might be trash talking me to each other! :cry:
Lefty would prove that a RatRodBiker can rock the Pixie Plank Races! :shock:
2007_09027yearitch20078.jpg

Giga and I will post more pics on the FBN forum over the next few days, so please join us if you'd like.
http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... 9&start=15

Heres a shot of Lefty and his bike during the plank race...Kelly
027vs6.jpg

You guys are too much. Those are some pretty funny shots, thanks. I have a riverside park 5 blocks from the house, I'm hoping to get down there this weekend for some quality beauty shots.

As for the bike, it is a '62 26in. straight bar typhoon. I found it in a dumpster in Lansing,Mi. I painted the frame flat black, bought new 13" ape hangers and new pedals, the seat is a cheapy from meijers. I originally painted the rims/spokes/hubs black like the rest of the bike, then bought WW tires from Memory Lane and painted the rims gloss red in true ratrod style. The crank/chainring has been replaced because I broke the original one :shock: . Future upgrades include a two speed kick back hub and maybe some taller apes after looking at those pics with me riding the bike :shock::lol: Man, I love that bike.

Lefty

Isn't it funny how handlebars look and feel right in person but one picture can change your perspective in seconds. Your bike is a great poster child for RatBikes everywhere! Thanks for the details.
Chainy

yeah it doesn't take much with me. It works out ok anyways, I'll donate those to a winter project I'm starting and buy the original ones that I was too cheap to buy in the first place.

I have a question?? I switched goosenecks to this one:

082907056.jpg

and it doesn't fit as snugly as the original one did. Will it tighten up when I crank down on the wedge bolt?? Or will I need to use some type of shim to get it to tighten up??

Lefty

Latest posts

Back