CL find...GOT IT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CL find

Get the intake while your there too!

Re: CL find

I got it,its ony a 20" tire . Nice springer,,looks like a 24 or 26" will fit in it. I'll put that on the Phat Chopper I have coming.has a Torpedo box rear hub?? Any value to the remaining parts?
DSCI0181.jpg

DSCI0182.jpg

DSCI0183.jpg

more pics, its a Torpedo BOY hub. I believe its a Schwinn, seeing the S on the seat pinch bolt.
serial#M09564-0-002388
can anyone decipher that?
I rode it, I hate the way that front end makes it feel like the bike pivots in the middle. I guess I DONT want it on that Phat bike. Heres the pics
DSCI0185.jpg

DSCI0187.jpg

DSCI0188.jpg

DSCI0190.jpg

chrome on the wheels is pretty nice
DSCI0193.jpg

tank is dent free
DSCI0194.jpg

3 piece crank
DSCI0195.jpg

Ride it? I am 6' 200 pounds......It IS a murray, 1970.....the front end IS a Schwinn Springer, that was bent/raked/whateveryacallit. I would like to try to straighten the bend out......and I definately will put the bike up for sale,without the front fork. I may keep the front wheel for another recumbent build.

yeah, RIDE-IT , MAN.
or bring it to me;I'll ride it for ya. :mrgreen:
I'm alot bigger than you. :)
i would put a tall seatpost on that 16"
you got & ride it too. :p :lol:

recumbent build ? are you 100 years old , man. :p :lol: :lol:

recumbent build ? are you 100 years old , man. :p :lol: :lol:[/quote]

LOL, I AM 55, and have an ailing back.If ya build one, and ride it, it WILL become one of ur favorites....

I been watching that since its been listed. I didnt want to spend that much, but I was really liking it for the vintage custom work!

I was just in the garage,messing with it. The tank can be dropped, and made into a girls bike. I am not sure I even want the front end now,unless It can be straightened. I can take it into my machine shop at work and do it on a press. Floyd, I didnt pay what he wanted for either bike. 5 for the ross, and, well,I got a deal on this one. Someone make me an offer for it, its gone.....The chrome is really nice, only one side of the front wheel, has a little bit of pealing. Ill take off the nspringer, and the Schwinn bars and grips. The rest can go.....I guess I gotta make a for sale thread.
KJV, I didnt really think I would like it,but did a recycledrecumbent.com EZclone,and figured Id sell it. Now I wanna build anotherone, plus one for the wife. It really is comfy, and ya see everything, instead of head-down riding. My Trek Hybrid with Hi-bars isnt as comfy as the bent. DO IT! 2 bikes, cut and weld. The seat cost more to make than the bike.

Ratfink1962 said:
Based off of the rear dropouts and the M0 serial number... Thats a Murray frame.

Not sure what the "S" bolt is? Schwinn is always "AS"

Cool little bike though, ride the crap outta it. :D

Schwinn used AS through the early 60's then switched to S. It is a schwinn seat bolt.

Back