CL find...GOT IT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the Schwinn "S" seat bolt, I have one I got off a Schwinn ladies bike that I'd be very surprised if it was not original.

rightside.jpg

deorman said:
bear-on-bicycle-1.jpg

Why is there a picture of Kota on this thread? :? :p
HEY!!......That's the REAL pic I sent to Steve for the calendar! :roll:

Ratfink1962 said:
Not sure what the "S" bolt is? Schwinn is always "AS" :D

Schwinn parts were marked "AS" until '68 when they dropped the "Arnold" from the Arnold, Schwinn & Co. name. After '68 the parts like the seat post binder bolt were marked with an "S". Gary

Voyager Al said:
Ride it? I am 6' 200 pounds......It IS a murray, 1970.....the front end IS a Schwinn Springer, that was bent/raked/whateveryacallit. I would like to try to straighten the bend out......and I definately will put the bike up for sale,without the front fork. I may keep the front wheel for another recumbent build.

That springer will be tough to straighten, mine was bent like yours from the previous owner riding with no struts and extended forward. Getting them bent back was a long slow process and they didn't come out perfect, but very close. If you find a way to get them perfect, let us know, then I can get mine looking right.

hrnar7.jpg

Voyager Al said:
recumbent build ? are you 100 years old , man. :p :lol: :lol:

LOL, I AM 55, and have an ailing back.If ya build one, and ride it, it WILL become one of ur favorites....[/quote]

Very true, my first recumbent was a home built that a friend made but I still miss it. I would have never gotten rid of it but a guy offered to trade a '61 Corvair Greenbriar van. I couldn't refuse.
saw0271.jpg

The Greenbriar I got for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tRogCovQE

Back