Chusma **Update page 4**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I fist bought this bike last year and was getting ready to fix it up when some situation came up and I left it catching dust in my shed. I finally got it out of the shed to start working on it again. I named it chusma. Some of you may not know what "chusma" is. Here is the definition of chusma thanks to some chusma website
The Aztlan Spanish/English Dictionary defines "chusma" as :

(1) n "Undesirables"

(2) v "Undocumented"

(3) n "Outcasts"

(4) v "Outlaws"; usage: "Mira, ay viene la Chusma!"; trans., "There goes the Neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!"

"ChUSMA" in Spanish slang signifies "Societies’ Unwanted Elements," or "Outcasts." In some regions this word is used to demean and put down the so-called lower classes, poor, and forgotten.
So since i forgot about the bike for a year I decided it was the right name for it.

Here is a picture of it when I first got it.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Took off some parts and removed the paint that was on top of the original paint
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

cleaned up the wheels so i could paint it.
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

bike2.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

And this is how it sits as of right now.
IMG_2210.jpg

I'm really going to take it all apart tomorrow to get it ready for paint. I want to have this for my b-day

Re: Chusma

I like your choice for a name. That is very creative. I also noticed that the way you did the spokes was excellent. I never thought of doing it that way. What is the frame, do you know?

How bad was it to take all that tape off the nipples? Great name except i never knew i was a chusma. Maybe you could call it lucky chusma because you remebered you forgot it. lol :roll:
Looks good.

maddogrider said:
How bad was it to take all that tape off the nipples? Great name except i never knew i was a chusma. Maybe you could call it lucky chusma because you remebered you forgot it. lol :roll:
Looks good.

It took a looooong time to get them taped up. I think it was worth it. I also had to clean them up because they were really dull.

Could that be done with a coffe straw. Those brown or red ones. Cut them with and exacto knife or something.

TheFlyingDingo said:
chimichanga said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
HAHAH "Nice Nipples"

Now whats the history on this bike...did you repaint it or make it?

actually i bought it like that . It was painted blue twice.
well that's a great find. Looks great
yeah thanks man! I got it from outsider13. I haven't seen him around in a long time.

Got this in the mail. Thanks to Maddogrider for the sprocket
IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

I don't know which one to use
IMG_2260.jpg

or the original one that cam with the bike
IMG_2262.jpg

I don't know if i should put on the other sprockets because they seem thinner that the one that came with it.
IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

If i put on the star sprocket would there be any issues?

Back