Christmas CL find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good, the question now is, are you going to share how much the deal was? J/K.

Its to hard to find a bike like that on the west coast for a reasonable price. Last time I saw a prewar bike at a flea market where the guy wanted $550 for the bike and it needed a lot of work.

Congrats on your find.

Welcome. I have a non working tank light that would fit your Skyrider. Its blue, has all its guts, no bulbs or len covers. I have it on a WF Cosmic Flyer, I just didnt have the hart to paint it when I got it. If your looking for one let me know.
I have no pics of it, but this is its old ebay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AMF-Sky ... 7675.l2557

Man, that boys flyer is cool. Too bad the tank/guard have been painted. I was looking for a WF like that, but ended up using a Higgins frame (they are the same Murray built frame) and added a WF badge.

I am hoping to pick up my Christmas bike find here real soon....I don't want to jinx it, but mine is 85 years old!

Here is what you need for that bike! I looked forever and finally found these...

flyer1.jpg

Terry, gift accepted! I'll even send ya the tank mine has on it. LOL.
Im hoping I can use some Easy-off to remove JUST the spray bomb paint, to get down to a perfect decal/painted tank. Yup, I live in a fantasy world....LOL
Gonzo,Ill keep it in mind, but I think Im gonna flip it, or part it ASAP. I paid too much for this deal, so I need tire money..... and paint money......part it....

Voyager Al said:
Terry, gift accepted! I'll even send ya the tank mine has on it. LOL.
Im hoping I can use some Easy-off to remove JUST the spray bomb paint, to get down to a perfect decal/painted tank. Yup, I live in a fantasy world....LOL
Gonzo,Ill keep it in mind, but I think Im gonna flip it, or part it ASAP. I paid too much for this deal, so I need tire money..... and paint money......part it....

Well, I have my fingers crossed for you that you can save some of the old graphics. If not, just be patient and keep your eyes open. I had to pay $90 for my tank set, but they don't come up that often and I wanted them really bad! :lol:

Wildcat on here had a set but at the time I know he didn't have a bike to put them on. Not sure how attached he is to them, but maybe shoot him a PM?

I have a old business contact who is great with vinyl. Plus there's Axsepul. I'll paint it, let Ax make my graphics. Im off all week, so this should go pretty quik. Money is holdin me back the most.

Voyager Al said:
I have a old business contact who is great with vinyl. Plus there's Axsepul. I'll paint it, let Ax make my graphics. Im off all week, so this should go pretty quik. Money is holdin me back the most.

Let me know if you need detailed shots of the graphics or measurements. PM me and I'll give you a hand if I can....

My tank has a lot of damage from truss rods or a springer. It's on the shelf just to look at.

Toeslider said:
I love you guys and all, but I would never post a Craigslist ad of bikes I was after until I had the bikes in hand...

That statement is SO true in the old school BMX world. If those guys find out that you are interested in something they will either scoop it up before you get there or tell the seller that his item is worth much more even if its not just to stick it to the next guy. Total different place over here, I get calls from members giving me the heads up on things that I might have missed or call them with leads on things Im going to pass on. Lots of good eggs over here :D -Brian

I have even had Largek9 pass a bike up so I could get it for my son guys over here aren't greedy we all help each other out

Re: Christmas CL find Finished pics 12-31

at home, and it looks like the bike was painted right over dirt. It flakes off with a fingernail. The grey on the frame looks good, and the decals are visible under the red. I'll find some easyoff tomorrow and get started on it.

from what I can see, the tank graphics are a more streamlined (skinny) plane, with western flyer printed IN the plane. I gotta go back to my daughters home to get my camera.

Latest posts

Back