chop-sickle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so a pal of mine gave me this frame. you cant pass up free right?
000_0026.jpg

i know you're thinkin' hey that belongs on the other bike board....
i'm not a BMX guy. this will be a rat chop. as soon as i saw the chrome frame i thought of the nickled knuckle.
bikes_cages_r4_c2.jpg

i'll keep y'all posted.

chimichanga said:
I see some supreme wheels In the back! What are they on?:)

that's my 57 chevy.
57bike1.jpg

NICE CHEVY! I love the '55 and '57 Bel-airs, they really were beautiful. I'd like to think I'll own one someday... :wink: Oh, and great signature! My uncle collects Model T's. :lol: I like the Model A a bit better.

not much progress. i'm waiting for a front end to come in the mail.
IMG_1130.jpg

sorry guys. this project has to take a back seat for now. i had some odd/cool ideas for it, but it just cannot happen rite now.
it may come back sometime, but i've really got to many projects goin' on now. you'll understand this weekend(or monday) when i post pix of my new stuff in the fresh finds section.
the GT has been taken apart and i'll stick it in the attic for a later date.

and muddywater....GM might want their totes back, but i think they have bigger fish to fry right now......or maybe it's all us guys that swipe their bins that have put them in a financial bind :wink:

OK. here's what happened......
i got that free GT frame and i wanted to put on a motorcycle style front end. i had one that i took off a beach cruiser that i parted out. i tried for about a week to mix and match and find crowns & bearings to make it work. that didnt work at all, so i ordered a new front end. i tried for maybe another week to make that work w/ no success. i figured the only way to make it work would be to cut up the frame or seriously modify it. that GT frame is to nice to cut up, so i put it aside for a bit.

i was doin' some spring cleanin' yesterday and i looked at this chrome murray frame in my parts pile. it was free and kinda crusty, so i had no problem w/ cutting it up. it turns out the crowns and bearings from the original beach cruiser went in the murray headtube just rite.
i cut the stem and fork tubes short to fit a 20" wheel. i pulled these 144 spoke rims outta the parts bin, and yanked some tubes and tires from the parts pile.
the messinger seat i had from a columbia road bike i parted out last summer. the motorcycle drag bar and dog bone risers i picked up at a swap meet a couple years ago and have been on a shelf ever since.

besides the bar and risers the total cost of this bike is.......wait for it........rhymes with hero :wink:
i'll take it out on a shakedown ride when it stops raining. if i like it i'll dis-assemble it and polish it to a mirror shine. maybe look for some decent wheels(freewheel definatly). i'll probably also make a "Z" or "7" post or put a shorter crank on it so my knees wont be in my chest.
IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Latest posts

Back